PUSH 3 - Customer Service - Warranty - TOTAL FAIL!

Discuss Push with other users.
srcbcn

PUSH 3 - Customer Service - Warranty - TOTAL FAIL!

Post by srcbcn » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:39 pm

Mi push 3 have the ADAT Out Connection broken, don't works at all. Also the USB port doesn't work properly.
I contacted the technical support, they asked me for videos of the problems, I send it to them and 2 weeks later they answered me that probably I don't know to how connect the cables so the Push works perfectly.

Which joke is this?! Really can't believe it. I'm professional musician who works with synthesizers and electronic music instruments from more than 25 years and now I don't know to connect a cable? Totally hilarious!

So guys, thinks twice before to buy a Push 3 because you will spend 1.900€ and if something don't works properly on if your unit goes broken, they will find an excuse (probably a ridiculous one as you don't know how to connect a cable), just to don't allow you to use your right of replacement or ffxing by warranty.

Going through legal way agains them if next Monday they don't send the order to pick u my push and fix it or send me a new one.
I can't believe it ableton.. Has anyone else had problems with them in this matter?

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: PUSH 3 - Customer Service - Warranty - TOTAL FAIL!

Post by [jur] » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:59 am

Hi,
srcbcn wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:39 pm
I send it to them and 2 weeks later they answered me that probably I don't know to how connect the cables so the Push works perfectly.
And then? Did you answer back to let them know that it's not the problem?
Support can't assume anything about the experience of the person they're talking to.
Sure, asking if you plugged the cable correctly might sound like a stupid question, but they have to start with the basics... Many reports are user error. Those things have to be cleared first.

If your unit has a problem, they won't ignore it. Stay in contact with them.
Ableton Forum Moderator

srcbcn

Post by srcbcn » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:40 pm

Of course I told them that the port is totally broken and it is not a question of how I connect a cable. Even I sent them a video where you can see that clearly. Here their answer:
"It looks like you are not inserting the plug correctly. The point here is that we can't do anything about it".

This is unbelievable. I have never saw a technical service and warranty management like this.
Some advice ab out how I can solve this horrible situation?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:21 pm

So, assuming you didn't brake the port by plugging in something incorrectly I'd advise to maybe provide another video and explain them everything once again. I can imagine the stress and probably anger caused by this, but stay clam and patient even if it takes more back and forth.
If the unit arrived in that state, this have to be fixed.
Ableton Forum Moderator

srcbcn

Post by srcbcn » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:34 am

Yes, the stress and helplessness are huge. Is a device I use for work and for which I spent 1.900€.
Will try again with them, yes. I hope it will not be necessary to take legal action.
Thanks for the advices.

terminar

Post by terminar » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:18 pm

My experience with the support is: they try to do their best and they are very helpful.
I have to admit that the current response time will take a while but after intial contact it should get better/faster.

We are all human and there would be reason for the current response time (holiday? Personell shortage? who knows).

---
I personally understand that this is a bad situation which makes sad but - to be fair - i have some "problem" with the mentioning
"i use for work and for which I spend 1900€". That's not an excuse. This doesn't change any legal response times. That doesn't implement some just-in-time replacement diamant support with pre-replacement device shipment or whatever.

Regardless of the price of the device (for some it's really expensive, for some it's cheap - depends compared to what other hardware? software? ...?):

If you are a professional musician who counts on your hardware to do your daily business you were using other hardware before the Push (maybe a Push2?). So you can't work anymore since the Push3? Is that what you are trying to tell?

You would not have sold everything else when you received your Push3, otherwise you would be the first person who would not have a "backup solution" as a profesional musician / professional in any job. If you can't work without the Push3 - something different is a problem here. Just my two cents.

If you completely rely on the Push3 - granted - then you have to consider failures of the device and ways for replacement just in time (regardless if some brick was falling onto the device or something just broke). That may be - have a Backup Push3, have another "backup device" or something else - IF you completely rely on one device. Rule of thumb: that's not specific to the Push3 but the sentence: "if you completely rely on a device".

---
Also my two cents: additionally, mentioning "legal action" just that fast as possible solution feels agressive - without any reason yet (support is trying to help). I don't think such stuff is really needed.
---

Regarding the support itself and your general topic: just try to give them a good view of your hardware/situation, explain and they should be able to help you.

As [jur] said, stay calm and patient, with me adding "use less superlatives, have a great time this xmas, love your neighbours, peace!"

silentio246

Post by silentio246 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:39 am

terminar wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:18 pm
My experience with the support is: they try to do their best and they are very helpful.
I have to admit that the current response time will take a while but after intial contact it should get better/faster.

We are all human and there would be reason for the current response time (holiday? Personell shortage? who knows).

---
I personally understand that this is a bad situation which makes sad but - to be fair - i have some "problem" with the mentioning
"i use for work and for which I spend 1900€". That's not an excuse. This doesn't change any legal response times. That doesn't implement some just-in-time replacement diamant support with pre-replacement device shipment or whatever.

Regardless of the price of the device (for some it's really expensive, for some it's cheap - depends compared to what other hardware? software? ...?):

If you are a professional musician who counts on your hardware to do your daily business you were using other hardware before the Push (maybe a Push2?). So you can't work anymore since the Push3? Is that what you are trying to tell?

You would not have sold everything else when you received your Push3, otherwise you would be the first person who would not have a "backup solution" as a profesional musician / professional in any job. If you can't work without the Push3 - something different is a problem here. Just my two cents.

If you completely rely on the Push3 - granted - then you have to consider failures of the device and ways for replacement just in time (regardless if some brick was falling onto the device or something just broke). That may be - have a Backup Push3, have another "backup device" or something else - IF you completely rely on one device. Rule of thumb: that's not specific to the Push3 but the sentence: "if you completely rely on a device".

---
Also my two cents: additionally, mentioning "legal action" just that fast as possible solution feels agressive - without any reason yet (support is trying to help). I don't think such stuff is really needed.
---

Regarding the support itself and your general topic: just try to give them a good view of your hardware/situation, explain and they should be able to help you.

As [jur] said, stay calm and patient, with me adding "use less superlatives, have a great time this xmas, love your neighbours, peace!"
Thank you!

srcbcn

Post by srcbcn » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:51 am

Yes, very cool text. Pace, love and everything you want... But the fact is the Push is broken, that it have a warranty and in consequence, the customer support must be in charge of it and fix it or replace it as the laws says. Is one month since I sent them the email and their only answer by now is "you are connecting the cable wrongly". And this unacceptable and you and everyone know that.

binarysun

Post by binarysun » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:28 am

terminar wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:18 pm

---

---
---

Full Ack!

My 2.5 cents on this matter are ...

I am not a pro-user here as in I earn my living by making music. But I am in the "biz" for 26 years now as well. I have dj-ed every weekend for years and played as headliner many time around during those years. Played live in multiple Bands, projects and solo as well. And one of the first things I have learned is to have backups for EVERYTHING vital or don't rely on it in the first place. There MUST be a backup plan for how to proceed when the thing in question fails.
Want to spin vinyl but the record players are broken? Have a USB Stick ready for the CDJs. Don't know how to work CDJs because you are a Vinyl DJ -> buy or lend some. I've had CDJs for a very long time that I payed for from my private money because I need to know how they work. USB-Stick broken? Have a second one or even a third one, some CF or SD Card as alternative or a Harddisk. Bring a media player with an alternative set to play to the crowd when all else fails and you need to fix the freaking player yourself (I had that twice already where I had do do "surgery" on a device mid-gig). Midi cable broken? Bring a second or third one. I have backup AC-adapters and cables for every device I plan to bring to a gig. And the audio stems ready for every device I bring because it might break. Be prepared man!

If you desperately need a Push 3 to work and your life depends on it, then get a second one. Everything else is unprofessional. It's like me going to my boss telling him I can't work because the S key on my Keyboard is not working. He would rip me a new one I guess ... with the replacement keyboard I should have in reach.

Since I wasn't there when it happened I won't comment on who's fault is it or not. But all the while it s*cks 2 weeks is an acceptable and appropriate deadline for an answer/reaction in a B2C relationship which this is really. Especially if you don't have a written agreement on some 24/7 or other premium or B2B whatever contract. Send pictures and videos. Ask them to send your device in for a check-up and probable repair under warranty. They HAVE to agree to that or tell you where you can find a contracted repair shop. They are not forced to replace the device immediately without fixing it first. At least in Germany there is even the law that the attempt to fix a device must fail 3 times first before some company is forced to replace the device or give you some money back. If you get a weird answer try again. Maybe demand to speak to another person. Or Caren it up if you have to and "speak to the manager". But stay friendly and polite until the end. Apologise if you have to. Have everything traceable and keep the emails/conversations. Being friendly will help big time. Especially if things lang in court later on. Which I never had until now and I also had loads of disputes with unprofessional treatment of topics.

In the end whatever Ableton defines as warranty or whatever they guarantee is written down in their User/License Agreement/AGB/EULA/you name it and everything else is covered by your local laws. Which is another thing that should be known by a "Pro" user as in "I am a business that earns a living with what I do".

One last remark...telling people they are a pro just to get treated differently is some elitist BS that makes them seem ever more unprofessional, shill and dubious at the same time.

Act professional if you want to be treated like a professional.

EDIT: Not saying that anybody is a shill or dubious etc btw. Just that highlighting that you are important makes it hard not to believe that you are trying to misuse privilege.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:44 pm

Com'on everyone, this person is stuck with a non-working unit and Support is taking ages to answer.
I think we get your point, no need to insist, thx.
Ableton Forum Moderator