Enjoy your fingers with Futility. Control selected track.

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Valiumdupeuple

Enjoy your fingers with Futility. Control selected track.

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:48 pm

With Futility you can (un)solo, (un)mute, (un)arm, (un)collapse the currently selected track, and add many other missing shortcuts.
Find it here

Enjoy!
Last edited by Valiumdupeuple on Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valiumdupeuple

Re: Enjoy your fingers with Futility. Control selected track.

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:43 pm

Updated to v3.3.
Users, check your inbox and spams for the Gumroad email containing the new device.

Valiumdupeuple

Re: Enjoy your fingers with Futility. Control selected track.

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:29 am

v4.1 is here

fUtility needed some cleaning to prevent adding unwanted steps to Live's undo history. You don't need to undo twice an added track for example, and many little things like that. It should also stop asking you if you want to save changes when closing a set where you didn't touch anything, most of the time.

Another important fix is the un/Mute one. There was always a problem in this area no matter what I changed and fixed over the years... Well, I've finally found the solution!! To put it simply the problem was that:

when solving the kill/mute buttons blocking Live's undo history, it would make the device unmute every muted tracks when re-opening the set

when solving the "unmute every muted tracks when re-opening the set", it would make using the kill/mute buttons block the undo history

😵‍💫 what a fucking headache, for years! Frankly, the solution doesn't make sense (there's definitely something wrong with Live's track mute implementation), but it works, so cheers!

I changed the GUI too. It's not really better tbh, but hey it takes less space.

I also added a shortcut button to close the device/clip view(s) (equivalent to cmd+alt+L /Shift+F12 that has been removed in L12).