Push 3 Cue/Master

Discuss Push with other users.
clintenglish

Push 3 Cue/Master

Post by clintenglish » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:55 pm

First time posting here –

I'm going to be performing live using only the Push 3 standalone unit with my in-ears in the headphone output. I'd like to have the master sound and the cue sound in the headphones, while only having the master output sent to FOH so the audience cannot hear the cue/click.

I have figured out how to send the master track to output 1/2 and the cue to output 3/4 and separate them, but I am only hearing the cue in my headphones, where I'd like to hear the cue and master track.

Is this possible on the standalone unit with no external hardware?

Thanks!

clintenglish

Re: Push 3 Cue/Master

Post by clintenglish » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:52 pm

I've figured out a resolution that involves creating a template in Ableton Live 11 using two master and cue return tracks. All Ableton tracks are directed to the returns, and one goes to 1/2, the other to 3/4 and the cue is set to 3/4 only. Sucks there isn't a simple option for this on the Push 3, as it seem s necessary.

pro424

Re: Push 3 Cue/Master

Post by pro424 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:03 pm

Before Push 3 my solution to this has been to route cue to headphone, master to master and then have an audio track with the master track as input routed to the cue. The audio track I’ve had setup for monitoring so it’s always on. I assume this would work on P3 as well. It also gives the option to record the master.