My questions coming from AKAI Force!

Discuss Push with other users.
FabioLuca

My questions coming from AKAI Force!

Post by FabioLuca » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:22 am

Hi all! :D

After a year producing on the AKAI Force, I decided to buy to Push 3 to give it a try.
The reason? I was tired of:
- the process to move a track from Akai to Ableton (as I finish the track in Ableton)
- being stuck with Akai plugins while producing
- being locked with a product that is not that stable for lives

That being said, I was in love with the Akai of being able to never look to any computer and was able to produce a track in 1h.
To do so with the push (not standalone) I need to re-create a very fast and clean workflow, and this is where I face my issues.

Issue 1: preset change: on Force having a big screen, I was able to quickly change the preset of my VST. I helped me to hot swap the preset while pushing the pad quickly until I founded a preset I like. On 3rd party plugins with the Push 3, I have the feeling I need to use my mouse to change a preset OR I need to record ALL the presets as instruments rack (nightmare). I noticed some people talking about Max4Live with something called "Program Changer" but I didn't find any tutorial on how to do it and when I tried I was unable to change my presets with it.

Program changer link: https://maxforlive.com/library/device/4 ... am-changer

Issue 2: Chords: Akai Force as a beautiful "Chords" and "Progression" mode. When you push a key, you have directly a perfect chord. And even better, you have some progressions (for example a typical House progression). I know it's not too hard to make chords progression with the Push using our fingers, but I going fast for me is so so important to not kill my vibe and workflow by trying to do some nice chords with my fingers. I saw something called "Chord O Mat 3" that seems to propose something similar but it doesn't seems to be updated to work with Push 3...
Do you have any other solution? Do you know if Ableton with work on that? Now it's really a standard.

Chord O Mat 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3sblXiLrLk

Thank you so much for your help! :oops:

lookmom

Re: My questions coming from AKAI Force!

Post by lookmom » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:42 pm

+1
Ableton should really consider and race to implement any low hanging quality of life and workflow options to make us fall head over heels in love with the push.

AndreProducer

Re: My questions coming from AKAI Force!

Post by AndreProducer » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:52 pm

Sorry if its a bit of topic...
All of the problems that you mentioned with Force are valid, and they bother me too.

But the biggest problem that I have with Force and with 'new era' Akai products in general (I had a chance to play with Force and Live 2), that they feel just so uninspiring... It's hard to put my finger on it but there is something weird about the build quality of those devices. Not saying that they don't last for a long time, but they are not satisfying to use.

What messed with my head the most is when I played around with Akai Live 2. I would expect Akai to make the best pads in the game.
But to my surprise, the pads were absolutely atrocious. I had to make sure that I didn't just receive a bad unit, and astonishingly I didn't.
I would expect them to be close to the NI Maschine pads or at least better than Push 2 pads. Lemme tell you - Push 2 pads are far superior than on Live 2 even though they are something like 1/3 the size of Live pads.

I just cannot understand it, why there is not more chatter about this topic on the web.