BUG: Push 3 Timing issues. ( even with 24PPQ to ERM Multiclock)

Discuss Push with other users.
dest4b

Re: BUG: Push 3 Timing issues. ( even with 24PPQ to ERM Multiclock)

Post by dest4b » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:46 pm

jap my deluge is totally tight. masterpeace.

But the tests would be better with something like 127,5 BPM.
_________________________/
http://www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

knarrrz

Post by knarrrz » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:18 am

dest4b wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:27 am
And my Force is working very very well with all this stuff. Its in sync to outboard. Its 100% tight with Link. Also if i record something with audio in on the Force ( Behringer UMC 1820) its on the grid.
And recording Midi events from Keyboard and Forces Pads is 100% in grid.
The only thing it cant do is the integration to Ableton. And Parameterlock.
But i must say the FX and devices on Push sounds much better.
Yeah, I had a Force too, it's quite powerful and pretty solid timing-wise. There you can see that Akai has decades of experience with Samplers and Grooveboxes. I've sold it, because I just didn't like the workflow and its plugins that much (the Drum Synth is really great though!).

But I'll keep the Push 3, I've been waiting for an Ableton standalone device and now it finally came true. It definitely has its little latency issues and I hope, they'll be fixed soon. Until now it's not a big deal for me, I can get around it in my workflow. I'm using the Midronome as an external MIDI clock for my outboard gear, it's similar to the ERM devices. It's synced by an audio clock that is triggered from a Drum Rack in Push/Ableton Live and I can offset it with a Delay device. Works quite well for me, everything is tight and as jitter-free as it could get. And if there's still a little latency in the recording, I edit it in the Audio clip, quick and simple. :wink:

bodom76

Post by bodom76 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:44 pm

I tried a variation of OP's setup. It is not the same exact, but maybe this will help. I did use Push in Controller mode for this setup :

Laptop with DAW to Push via included USBC - Push sending sync to Tr8s. Tr8s recording into mixer and mixer back into my RME interface.

Caveat - the session I had loaded is 98% done. So it has a ton of plugins on it and is 40 or so tracks.

I monitored through RME TotalMix and then also Ableton at times to hear plugin effects. I recorded into ableton with monitoring off.

Findings - at 64 buffer, the drums were coming in early, ahead of the bar line. The project was pretty large for that low of a buffer though.

Interesting part - at 128 buffer, the drums recorded in as tight as I could need. latency was exactly as reported by RME in audio settings, so just 2ms off the grid. So close that the kick I recorded in was basically in time with the track and would have just needed a small nudge towrds the grid. No excess jitter either.

When things went wrong - I had a setup where I sent clock from DAW to Push3 to Tr8s. Tr8s. Went into mixer and back into Push inputs. The Push audio was monitored by RME. The drum machine was much too late and flammy. It was the same scenario as the video I linked.

My findings - using the Push to send clock from Live in the DAW is as good as I could need. It removed the need for an R-ME. Monitoring and recording into the Push is not something I will do too often since that appears to be off time, but sending the signal into my interface records perfectly and sounds fantastic.

Letraset

Post by Letraset » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:55 am

With both midi clock and 24ppq din sync it seems to be an issue with the run/start signal to me. If I keep hitting play my TR909 and TB303 will occasionally start with a latency offset but sometimes start and run perfectly in sync. I find that once it’s running in sync it stays locked in. Also I seem to get slightly better results with 24ppq through my RMC UCX than the cv outs on the Push 3.

I find midi notes are pretty tight, it mainly seems to be a clock thing.

unruhe

Post by unruhe » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:10 pm

I just popped to search if it's me...
I can confirm that regardless of the PPQN, 24, 48 or 96 the CV clock (sent from Pedal 1) using the M4L CV tools is junk.
It fluctuates a lot and comes back in synch after 16 bars to float away again.

I suspect it's the CV Tools issue. Anyone handy with M4L could try to add a "reset" for the clock to restart every 2 bars or so, just to test it.
I'm yet to test MIDI to CV via a synth or two, fingers crossed that works.
The other option I'm going to try is to dedicate a track and use 16ths notes as clock. That is the least attractive option as I don't want to lose a track to fix something that should work ;)
somehowconfused