Mapping from other pads in a drum rack.

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
maky355

Mapping from other pads in a drum rack.

Post by maky355 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:14 pm

So I have a drum rack and I am not using Simpler or Samplers in a drum rack I am using one VSTi (Drumazon that is - a 909 drum machine).

It is set up so basically VST is loaded in drum slot C1 and every other instrument is mapped accordingly and it receives a signal from the VST instrument with an External Hardware device. All controls from the VST instrument are already visible to Ableton.

Everything works perfectly except for one thing. I can only "map" controls a VST while I am in the C1 slot/pad.

I would like to "group" every individual "external instrument" device that is placed on different drum slots/pads (in the same drum rack) and assign its rack macro to it by mapping it from the loaded Drumazon (which is in the C1 pad). But my problem is that I can "map" controls only when I am in the C1 slot/pad.

So in D#1 I have an external divide that receives a signal from Drumazon "clap". I would love to rack it and define macros in D#1 that would control an actual instrument (Clap) which is loaded in C1

I guess my question is - is there a device that can map controls across the drum rack? So if a VST is an instrument in C1 I could load some of its controls on the pad which is say in D#1

Apologies for my cryptic English language.