Are the Max for Live Modulators extremely CPU hungry?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SvenH

Are the Max for Live Modulators extremely CPU hungry?

Post by SvenH » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:39 am

I have a pretty powerful modern Windows computer that can handle a decent amount tracks with a fair amount of CPU hungry plugins, but as soon as I use a couple of Max for Live Modulators it gets a lot less responsive.

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it my setup that is lacking in some way? I am trying to simplify my sound design workflow by using more or less only Ableton devices, but it does not work very smoothly. In practice, the modulators are not very useable.

I can create extremely complex sounds in e.g. Phase Plant or Vital, with heaps of modulation with no problem. I guess I will have stick to those?...

SvenH

Re: Are the Max for Live Modulators extremely CPU hungry?

Post by SvenH » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:04 pm

More than 2k views and no response? Does that mean that nobody else uses these modulators or does that mean that the modulators are used but nobody else but me experiences problems with them?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:53 pm

Yes they are CPU hungry. According to the devs on the centercode forums, they hope to address this shortly.

SvenH

Post by SvenH » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:03 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:53 pm
Yes they are CPU hungry. According to the devs on the centercode forums, they hope to address this shortly.
Great! - thanks a lot for the confirmation that I am not the only one and for the info that it is likely to be fixed in the near future! :D