Plug-in Windows - please fix this??

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Machinesworking

Plug-in Windows - please fix this??

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:02 pm

So I've never understood the way Live works with third party plugin windows? why the way it works right now even exists in Live?
As any of you who want to open and close plugin windows with the keybaord shortcut know, it only works if first you moused to the subwindow and hit the show/hide plugin window to open the window, only then is the keyboard shortcut to open and close the plugin window useable, if you close the window without the shortcut, it again cannot be opened without using the mouse. In almost every area Ableton chose strong UX design, except it seems this simple task, that for whatever reason Live decided to make a complete UX mess with literally no other DAW being half as awkward to use.

I would just love to see this fixed, every other DAW I own does a much better job here, it might be the only area of IMO abject failure in Live.

bishbo2000

Re: Plug-in Windows - please fix this??

Post by bishbo2000 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:12 pm

i've asked for this to, and probably countelss others.
viewtopic.php?t=248973

Machinesworking

Re: Plug-in Windows - please fix this??

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:04 pm

bishbo2000 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:12 pm
i've asked for this to, and probably countelss others.
viewtopic.php?t=248973
Mine's an even simpler request though, just be able to open and close the instrument plugin GUI with the freaking provided keyboard shortcut, it only works if you open the window with the mouse, which is just, I don't even get it? No other DAW does it like this, and IMO there's a reason for that.