Push 3 Standalone + ADAT + 18i20

Discuss Push with other users.
beeswax123

Push 3 Standalone + ADAT + 18i20

Post by beeswax123 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:40 pm

Hello all,

Firstly, thanks for some super informative posts here, a bunch of it has really helped.

I've read through every ADAT and 18i20 thread, and cannot seem to find an answer to the problem im seeing, and looks like others are too.

I have ADAT in/out hooked up from Push 3 to the Scarlett 18i20.

All instruments that i feed into the 18i20's inputs are captured just fine into the Push, simply setting the Ext In and capturing 18i20's 8 inputs via channels 9-16 works just great.

To confirm, at this stage i have the Focusrite Control set to Clock Source internal.

Where the problems begin, is that i would love to route certain tracks from the Push 3 to the 8 specific outputs on the 18i20 so that i can control them individually for live gigs, IEM mixes, etc.

I just cant seem to get ANYTHING from the Push 3 when i route to the ADAT outputs. Nothing hits the 18i20, ive tried:

- setting the clock to ADAT, this just kills all input/output (but seems to be the solution for others)
- changing cables, toslink, etc
- upgrading focusrite control, firmware
- testing every output from push

If anyone could help solve this mystery, 100% the pints are on me!! :D

igneous

Re: Push 3 Standalone + ADAT + 18i20

Post by igneous » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:07 pm

I'd love to see a response to this! I'd be interested in using an 18i20 with Push 3, but only if the outputs worked.

ThomasKlemp

Re: Push 3 Standalone + ADAT + 18i20

Post by ThomasKlemp » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:42 pm

I am able to use Asio4All to combine two Asio Soundcards, I am able to combine Push3 with my Focusrite Clarett 4Pre. So i have 14 Audio Inputs
(Clarett 8 Analog 2 Digital) and Push ( 4 Analog) and I have 16 Outputs, Clarett (6 Analog, 2 Digital) and Push (4 Analog and 4 CV Out) - This is a dream Setup with Low Latency (44100 128 3.6ms i/o) and works for me. I hace synced them with ADAT
However it would be nice if Ableton Enables this feature in the Push3 ASIO Driver, since most Push3 Users already have a nice Audio Interface like Focurite, RME, UAD or Arturia. This would enhance their Audio Interface with optional Inputs from The Push3 and offer them the possibility to use the CV outs with their Audiointerface. My Focurite has no DC Outputs, so it can't handle CV out, thats why I am using now Asio 4 All to combine the 4 CV from Push. A cool addition is that i have 4 more Analog Inputs from Push3 to expand my HW Synths in Stereo.
Maybe Ableton could offer something better than this freeware solution.
A lot of users are searching for ADAT Devices to enhance Push3 but it would be much better if we could use our current Interface and enhance it with Push 3 Audio Interface.