Session view - copy clip "start, loop" settings?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tom Beast

Session view - copy clip "start, loop" settings?

Post by Tom Beast » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:36 am

Hi,
for live performance of my songs, I'm working with session view and clips.

So, for every my own songs - I export STEMS: kick, bass, sfx, loop and other in FLAC format.

Note this:
1.) I don't want use mp3 files because of that "delay time" when FLAC is converted to mp3 or exported to mp3.

2.) I don't want to use "consolidate" function because every time Ableton render that new "clip", and this use too much space in my live project.

What I do? I import stems to my live template and warp it. Then I copy that stem clips multiple times and then I have few scenes to launch.
In every scene I set different start and loop time for that clips, so I get something like this:

Scene 1: INTRO 4 bar
Scene 2: DROP 16 bar
Scene 3: MAIN PART 32 bar
etc.

So I can now launch various song positions and combine them - I can launch loop from end of song and mix it with intro, or with main part of some other song.
If I do my live projects on this way - I can make multiple scenes with just one stem file, I'm saving project disk space.

But my question is - is there any way that I can bulk change clip "loop and start" position? I know that In arrangement view I can insert markers and consolidate loops to new scene - but this use too much space.
For now I must manually set each start time, start loop time and loop length for every clip.

Thanks!