Korg PadKONTROL/NanoPAD2 vs ALL

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
Dhji

Korg PadKONTROL/NanoPAD2 vs ALL

Post by Dhji » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:56 am

Happy new year ya'll! I've heard this unit be regarded highly and just want to ask a few things as I am looking for a drumpad unit to use exclusively in Ableton that doesn't cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars and yet retains that instrument-like sensitivity ... [This thread is for those who know this unit].

Firstly is the hype real? How a 20 year old unit survive so many other options is intriguing. I've heard that the more recent Akai's MPD's feel stiff and are not as sensitive and thus are incomparable. Being an instrumentalist this is important to me but the other comparable option Maschines Mikro is just too much extra features for the simple drum functioning within Ableton that I want to do.

How well does it functions with software 20+ years older such as Ableton 11/12+. Has anyone tried Korg's NanoPAD2? Does it feel as good of quality as the PadKONTROL and if not, what are you losing with it? (feel, for example)

I had some other questions but I need to go to the washroom and Abletons forum always logs me out after a certain period of time, and when I log back in I see a blank forum topic/subject and all of my writing is deleted! Will write more as I remember the questions in my previous deleted post!

Blessings
D

yur2die4

Re: Korg PadKONTROL/NanoPAD2 vs ALL

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:18 pm

I will say that if you’re on Windows, Korg midi drivers can be quite frustrating. It’s almost never as simple as plug n play.

Aside from that, no major impressions. Not much to be excited about, but they won’t stop you from doing what they do.