I'm not seeing Push 3 in Ableton Live

Discuss Push with other users.
jlgrimes

I'm not seeing Push 3 in Ableton Live

Post by jlgrimes » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:06 pm

Push 3 is not showing as an available connected device for me in Ableton Live.

I am in Push 3 Standalone mode.

I tried on my AT&T wifi Router with no luck.

I then changed to use my Smartphone hotspot (Connect both my PC and Push 3 to same wireless network) No luck.

I am running Ableton 11.3.4 and Push 1.1.2

I also checked to make sure Push is selected to show in Browser in Ableton's settings.

Do I need to have the USB cable connected (I currently have it connected) or do I need to disconnect it?

I have gotten the audio interface, Push 3 firmware updated, and Push 3 controller mode appears to be working correctly.

Tarekith

Re: I'm not seeing Push 3 in Ableton Live

Post by Tarekith » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:59 pm

Were you prompted to enter the code shown on Push to connect? The USB is not needed FWIW.

TheLoudest

Post by TheLoudest » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:07 am

are you on mac?
personally, I've had exactly the same problem and all my attempts have been in vain
nobody could help me
until I found the solution myself: the internal firewall of MacOS, which must be deactivated for Push to appear in "Places"...

I hadn't thought about it because I have another firewall that I had deactivated to test, but apparently it is more permissive..( :roll: ) because it didn't change anything.... (activated as deactivated)
the problem clearly comes from the internal firewall, because if I reactivate it when Ableton Live running and Push3s is connected, it disappears immediately!

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:41 am

TheLoudest wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:07 am
are you on mac?
personally, I've had exactly the same problem and all my attempts have been in vain
nobody could help me
until I found the solution myself: the internal firewall of MacOS, which must be deactivated for Push to appear in "Places"...

I hadn't thought about it because I have another firewall that I had deactivated to test, but apparently it is more permissive..( :roll: ) because it didn't change anything.... (activated as deactivated)
the problem clearly comes from the internal firewall, because if I reactivate it when Ableton Live running and Push3s is connected, it disappears immediately!
PC.

I got it to work (Somewhat). What I needed to do was to put both Ableton and Push on my Smartphone's hotspot wifi vs. my AT&T home wifi. That said this initially didn't work either until I rebooted my PC and then it came up and asked me to put in a code. I noticed push at first kept trying to connect to my AT&T wifi but when I totally disabled the wifi, it stopped doing that. I was able to transfer projects and sounds to and fro over wifi.

Finally I tried connecting both back to my AT&T and the connection seemed more sporadic on my home wifi, as it would go in and out.

Arpanet1969

Post by Arpanet1969 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:59 am

I'm having this is issue too although my mac firewall is set to allow incoming signals for Ableton, hopefully they can get this worked out in an update.

jroen

Post by jroen » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:50 pm

I have the same issue on MacOS. Push is not visible in Ableton Live until i turn of the firewall under Settings, Network, Firewall.

After a few minutes the Push appears in Ableton Live and i can transfer data.
After enabling the Firewall again the Push disappears after a few minutes in Ableton Live.

MacOS Ventura 13.4.1.
Push 1.1.2 Firmware 1.0.69
Ableton Live 11.3.4 build 2023-06-27_d83675ef81

Hope this helps Ableton identifying the root cause.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:27 pm

jroen wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:50 pm
I have the same issue on MacOS. Push is not visible in Ableton Live until i turn of the firewall under Settings, Network, Firewall.

After a few minutes the Push appears in Ableton Live and i can transfer data.
After enabling the Firewall again the Push disappears after a few minutes in Ableton Live.

MacOS Ventura 13.4.1.
Push 1.1.2 Firmware 1.0.69
Ableton Live 11.3.4 build 2023-06-27_d83675ef81

Hope this helps Ableton identifying the root cause.
Could you please report to Support?
Ableton Forum Moderator

briantoll

Post by briantoll » Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:16 pm

I also have this problem. I am on the macOS Sonoma Developer Beta which might be the issue.

jroen

Post by jroen » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:56 pm

[jur] wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:27 pm
Could you please report to Support?
Done.

vertgrall

Post by vertgrall » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:06 pm

I wish Ableton knew what BVT meant.

Advait

Post by Advait » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:35 pm

I have this problem too, restarting push 3, live suite, restarting the mac (MasOS ventura 13.5.1), turning off firewall - nothing is helping. I just re-authorised both push & live (using this url: http://push.local/authorize) so they are obviously on the same network. Very frustrating this...does anyone have a workaround or solution?

Roodegar

Post by Roodegar » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:27 am

I had the same problem. My WIFI-router has a 2.4 GHz and a 5 GHz network. What fixed it for me was just switching my Mac and the Push to the other network. That's all I had to do. Give this a try if you have a similar setup.

isthatakira

Post by isthatakira » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:04 pm

I was having trouble with this too on mac. Randomly connects and disconnected with the firewall.

Something that worked for me tho was going to Live's settings on the computer, then clicking Library - browser behavior and toggling on/off "show push".