M4L presets not loading in Standalone

Discuss Push with other users.
teknobryan

M4L presets not loading in Standalone

Post by teknobryan » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:45 pm

I keep getting the error ““Gem.amxd” was not found” whenever I load presets for the FORS m4l devices. I put the presets in my Userlibrary Presets folder. I can only load the Gem device but not any of the presets.

dcjams

Re: M4L presets not loading in Standalone

Post by dcjams » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:13 pm

teknobryan wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:45 pm
I keep getting the error ““Gem.amxd” was not found” whenever I load presets for the FORS m4l devices. I put the presets in my Userlibrary Presets folder. I can only load the Gem device but not any of the presets.
I had this. I don't remember exactly what I did, I fiddled about a lot, but I think it was something like the presets were still pointing to the gem.amxd on my desktop computer (literally, as in the file path). I think I had to go through each preset, in Live, and hot swap with the gem.amxd instance in my user library, before transferring to Push.

dcjams

Re: M4L presets not loading in Standalone

Post by dcjams » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:42 pm

dcjams wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:13 pm
teknobryan wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:45 pm
I had this. I don't remember exactly what I did, I fiddled about a lot, but I think it was something like the presets were still pointing to the gem.amxd on my desktop computer (literally, as in the file path). I think I had to go through each preset, in Live, and hot swap with the gem.amxd instance in my user library, before transferring to Push.
Actually now that I re-read that … the first half is correct, as in why it was failing, but I think the solution was either hotswapping from Push or it was to do with save with collect all, in Live.

Well, hopefully there are some clues there at least!!