VST settings in saved Ableton project not reloading properly - previously they did, need assistance :(

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ashade

VST settings in saved Ableton project not reloading properly - previously they did, need assistance :(

Post by ashade » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:19 pm

This issue started showing up within the last ~4 months for me. I'll work on a project making multiple saves a long the way, I'll have instances of Serum or Vital in the project with a patch I've worked on for days. The project will open fine for a bit, and then randomly one day the project opens but the wavetables are initialized saws.

Picture of Serum with initialized saws from previously working patch:
https://imgur.com/a/6HIu1vk

Specs:
* Win 11
* Ableton Live 11.30.2 (most recent version)
* Serum/Vital (most recent versions)

What I've tried:
* Reinstall the VSTs (after contacting Xfer assuming this was Serum - both latest versions)
* Reinstall Ableton Live
* Open back up versions of the project, all of them have the broken patches
* Install older version of Live (11.1x) but cannot open these newer project versions

Once I noticed this issue was Vital as well, it's clear that this is an issue in Ableton recalling VST parameters saved in the .als file.

I've got some release deadlines looming and this is killing all of my momentum and making it so I can't trust Ableton anymore. Is anyone experiencing this? Any thoughts on how to fix it? :cry:

Thank you