.RX2 file support

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.

.RX2 file support

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:40 pm

This has been mentioned before, but I mention it again because I think the idea totally rocks, and I thought of a further use for it previously unmentioned...

1. Support import of ReCycle files. Ableton already pays for the Rewire lisence, why not Recycle? Maybe get a package deal from Props?
2. Interpret the slices of the .RX2 files as warp markers.
3. Introduce a new Warp mode, called "Slices" perhaps - insert silence (or fades as Recycle does) between slices when tempo is dropped, and overlap them when tempo is raised.
4. Have an envelope for "position" that you can draw in - so you can re-order the slices. Same as programming as an offset or position envelope, just change the name and user interface so it's easier and more intuitive.
5. Support independent but linked envelopes for each slice - so you could adjust the decay of all slices at once from one control. Allow either absolute values (in milliseconds) or relative values (% of slice length). AD envelopes would probably suffice, ADSR might be overkill. Allow these slice envelopes to affect not only volume, but all parameters - effects, pan, sends, etc.

I would go absolutely nuts with beats.

L8er
Montrealbreaks

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:57 am

Dig

JollyDodger

Re: .RX2 file support

Post by JollyDodger » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:16 am

word

Raccoon13

Re: .RX2 file support

Post by Raccoon13 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:34 pm