Push 3 File Transfer Slow

Discuss Push with other users.
phil.harmoniq

Push 3 File Transfer Slow

Post by phil.harmoniq » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:44 am

I've been getting more comfortable with my Push 3 standalone and wanted to start moving some stems over. I have been noticing that the transfer over Wifi is extremely slow. I can move stuff internally in my network really quickly, but transfers to my Push are extremely slow. I have one example of a single .wav file that is 35MB in size and its taking about 30 minutes to transfer just that file. Moving my entire sample library is impossible. I've left the transfer of my whole sample library to run overnight and when I got back it was still only at 15%. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

CH7

Re: Push 3 File Transfer Slow

Post by CH7 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:24 pm

Ethernet works.
Just grab a USB to Ethernet Dongle and plug it in the Push. Make sure your laptop has a connection to the same router/network.

phil.harmoniq

Post by phil.harmoniq » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:51 pm

That's good to know. Yes both my laptop and push are connected to the same router. I don't have these issues with any other device transferring wirelessly. Just for reference, have you tried transferring more than just samples and what was your experience like? I also tried to update to the beta firmware but that file is over a GB and it took all night and then eventually failed.

Just_Pierre

Post by Just_Pierre » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:01 pm

phil.harmoniq wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:51 pm
That's good to know. Yes both my laptop and push are connected to the same router. I don't have these issues with any other device transferring wirelessly. Just for reference, have you tried transferring more than just samples and what was your experience like? I also tried to update to the beta firmware but that file is over a GB and it took all night and then eventually failed.
I updated my Push 3 Standalone to the 12.0b25 beta firmware using my WiFi connection. Within a few minutes it was updated. So I think the problem must be in your router WiFi settings somewhere.

dbenway

Post by dbenway » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:03 pm

Is anyone else getting extremely slow transfer speeds following recent updates? I left a 22gb folder transferring overnight, about 10ish hours later I checked and it was only at 50%. Left it running while I went to work and it had completed successfully when I got back.

I just updated to b5 this evening and had a few false starts - one of which I think came down to thinking it had failed with how slowly it was running. Eventually did it from my Mac and it took well over an hour, which is far longer than previously. Currently about an hour in to a transfer of a 6gb folder and it's only at 28%.

I did recently upgrade my wifi router to WiFi 6, but I don't think this should have made things worse - I can get 190 mbps up and down doing an internet speed test on my Mac, which would suggest that the network is running fine.

Is this kind of speed unusual? I did a bunch of transfers and downloaded a lot of packs in my first few days with the device without it being noticeably slow. Firmware updates used to only take maybe 15-20 minutes, or at least that's how I remember it.

They really need to implement a sync function either way, but that's another story.