P3 – weird bug? Audio-Interface input noise.

Discuss Push with other users.
distantnoise

P3 – weird bug? Audio-Interface input noise.

Post by distantnoise » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:15 pm

I got a P3 (not standalone) a couple of days ago. And I had a kinda weird issue at the very beginning. After installing the audio driver, I checked the input stage. And it was horribly noisy without anything plugged in. The meter in P3 showed me a rather high input; again, nothing plugged in but a super high noise floor. (I use the original PSU and USB cable of the P3 by the way).

I was not sure where this noise was coming from. So I started to find the root of the noise, but I did not find anything. Then, a lucky coincidence: I lifted the P3 from my (wooden) desk and the noise disappeared! I was not sure what to do because, as soon as the P3 laid on my desk again, the noise came back. Then I realized that when I push the points where the rubber feet are on the P3 the noise is gone. So I pressed the feet slowly with a bit of (thumb) force. And now the noise is gone.

Anyone experienced this as well? What could have caused this behavior? Should I contact the support just in case there is something not correctly assembled within my P3 unit?

Thanks for any help!

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: P3 – weird bug? Audio-Interface input noise.

Post by [jur] » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:35 pm

distantnoise wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:15 pm
Should I contact the support just in case there is something not correctly assembled within my P3 unit?
Definitely do! Thx.
Ableton Forum Moderator

distantnoise

Re: P3 – weird bug? Audio-Interface input noise.

Post by distantnoise » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:09 pm

[jur] wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:35 pm
distantnoise wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:15 pm
Should I contact the support just in case there is something not correctly assembled within my P3 unit?
Definitely do! Thx.
Thanks. I've reached out to the support through a support ticket.