Creating a full set with midi mapped live guitar looping

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Delcol

Creating a full set with midi mapped live guitar looping

Post by Delcol » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:27 pm

Hi,

First of all, I'm kind of a noob with ableton. I've been using it successfully to create songs with midi mapped automated in and out point for live guitar looping as well as midi tracks for outboard synths and .wav backing tracks.

My process is : I create as many guitar channels as there are loops (exemple : if I need 3 loops plus playing on top of them I create 4 guitar tracks) then using a midi track, midi mapping and loopbe1, I automate the looping. It works wonders, I can play my tracks without bothering with footwork and it allows me to focus on my playing and I can sell my boss RC 600.

However, when the time came to create a entire set with those songs, it wasn't so great anymore. I did not take into account the fact that I can't import midi mapping and that by using the same midi mapping template for all my songs it will create a mess as a midi trigger for "guitar 1 slot 1" would start the recording of each "guitar 1" on each song anyway...

So I search internet wisdom, do you have a solution for this? Or should I find a way to switch between .als sessions ? It's not great to have a musicians working on a computer during a show so...

Thanks a lot!