No audio in Session View, but (somewhat) fine in Arrangement

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chazs.music

No audio in Session View, but (somewhat) fine in Arrangement

Post by chazs.music » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:45 pm

Hi guys!

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for even asking this question, as I suspect it has a very simple solution I just haven't thought of. I am new to Ableton and music production in general, so please be patient.

Anyway, while getting close to completing my current project, I was playing it back in Arrangment View and noticed the main synth of the song wasn't outputting all of the midi notes in the clip. I thought it was pretty weird at the time but found a simple solution: solo the track, pause, click on the scrub area and un-solo the track. That way, everything sounded as it was supposed to. I had to do this trick every time I paused or modified anything within the project. It certainly interrumpted my workflow but as I had found a solution I didn't pay much attention.

After exporting the project and loading it in a new project to master it, I noticed the main synth was only playing some of the notes again. I opened the initial project again, this time soloing the track in Session View and attempted to play each clip. This time I didn't find a solution. I played the clips over and over and they would only output some of the notes.

Again, I'm sure this probably has a very easy solution but I have searched tirelessly online and am getting more frustrated by the minute as I've been looking for solutions for a couple of days now.

Here's a link to a 1 min video of me screen recording exactly what the issue is.
https://youtu.be/x6VG1AGh9Ec

I'd appreciate any sort of help and apologise once again for the rookie mistake.

Thank you.