Push 3 – Random very short noise burst.

Discuss Push with other users.
distantnoise

Push 3 – Random very short noise burst.

Post by distantnoise » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:01 pm

Before I reach out to the support, I'll ask you.

I run a Push 3 controller and use the latest driver. I get some random audio crackling. When it happens, it is just one very short noise burst, similar to CPU overload crackling. But the CPU is not above 10%. Happens steadily at no regular intervals. Maybe something between one and five minutes. I tried all buffer sizes. The crackling is still there.

Wireless LAN is disabled. No other programs than Live 11 (or 12 Beta) are running. I use the ASIO driver provided by Ableton. Latency Mon shows me no issues. Before switching to Push 3, I had a Steinberg UR242 as an audio interface, which worked just fine.

Any idea what's happening and maybe even how to solve this?

lmbauer2017

Re: Push 3 – Random very short noise burst.

Post by lmbauer2017 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:47 pm

distantnoise wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:01 pm

I run a Push 3 controller and use the latest driver. I get some random audio crackling. When it happens, it is just one very short noise burst, similar to CPU overload crackling. But the CPU is not above 10%. Happens steadily at no regular intervals. Maybe something between one and five minutes. I tried all buffer sizes. The crackling is still there.

Wireless LAN is disabled. No other programs than Live 11 (or 12 Beta) are running. I use the ASIO driver provided by Ableton. Latency Mon shows me no issues. Before switching to Push 3, I had a Steinberg UR242 as an audio interface, which worked just fine.

Def open a ticket for now to get the ball rolling. See if you can get an audio clip or even a video with the sound happening (maybe take a long video and wait for it to happen, then trim it off lol). Maybe more experienced users could chime in, but that doesn't sound normal if different buffer sizes don't make a difference (and latency monitor is ok).

distantnoise

Re: Push 3 – Random very short noise burst.

Post by distantnoise » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:41 am

lmbauer2017 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:47 pm
distantnoise wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:01 pm

Def open a ticket for now to get the ball rolling. See if you can get an audio clip or even a video with the sound happening (maybe take a long video and wait for it to happen, then trim it off lol). Maybe more experienced users could chime in, but that doesn't sound normal if different buffer sizes don't make a difference (and latency monitor is ok).
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I will reach out to Ableton with a ticket later this day.

I did some further investigations, and the bug is pretty weird to me: I set up a track with Operator. A pure sine wave at 440 Hz that loops endlessly. CPU usage is around 1%. No other tracks or devices are running. And I started to resample the output. Surprisingly, the crackling does not interrupt the recording. While resampling the output, the crackling is not recorded, and the WAV is clean. Also, while watching the spectrum of the output, there is nothing, just a clean sine wave. Yet I can hear the crackling sporadically.