Performing on Push 3 with both Cue + Master in Headphones

Discuss Push with other users.
viajero

Performing on Push 3 with both Cue + Master in Headphones

Post by viajero » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:13 am

I'd like to perform on Push 3 hearing a click without the audience hearing it.

Shouldn't it be possible to set up a headphone mix with both the master out and a click track using the Push 3 audio interface? The output options seem to only allow the headphones to be either 1/2 or 3/4... couldn't it be both 1/2 and 3/4?

Or is there another way I should be doing this without having to use an external interface?

Sam Mortimer

Re: Performing on Push 3 with both Cue + Master in Headphones

Post by Sam Mortimer » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:52 am

As far as I can tell, you have to set up the project in Live on your computer. Create two new return tracks. Send all tracks to both the new return tracks, and send the audio of one to 3/4 and the other to 1/2. Then send cue to 3/4. Transfer project to push. Can’t believe this can’t be done in standalone but maybe in time…

viajero

Post by viajero » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:25 am

That worked great. Thanks!

Goozburger

Post by Goozburger » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:19 am

Sam Mortimer wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:52 am
As far as I can tell, you have to set up the project in Live on your computer. Create two new return tracks. Send all tracks to both the new return tracks, and send the audio of one to 3/4 and the other to 1/2. Then send cue to 3/4. Transfer project to push. Can’t believe this can’t be done in standalone but maybe in time…
Hey I tried this and it works great. Except my regular send tracks (i.e. reverb and delay) don't work on my cue 3/4. Any idea why this might be?

asperine

Post by asperine » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:45 am

Perhaps it was an Push3 update that was done in the meantime, but I found a push3 standalone way that makes sense, and does not require your computer:

- on the Master track (=button), input&output (upper display button) set master out to 1/2 and cue out to 3/4, now your click is only headphones

- Create a return track (lets say ‘C-return’) and go to mix settings for that track (press mix button twice), input&output (upper display button), set i/o output to ext. out, output channel 3/4

- Now you can send every track you want to hear in the headphones via the C-return to have that in your headphone along with the click

Hope I explained it correctly, let me know. btw nice hack that I saw Fred Again do is to use old wired iphone headphone that lets all the sounds bleed in while itself does only the click I think.

moaby

Post by moaby » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:06 pm

Nice workaround, but inconvenient for live-act.

Ableton should implement a Main-To Cue link Option in the setup/audio menue (Outputs Phone 1/2+3/4 and Main 1/2).

With NI Maschine+ routing thats easy - just set Main+Phones in the hardware settings menue.