Slice mode in simpler has stopped working

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Ethersonic

Slice mode in simpler has stopped working

Post by Ethersonic » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:30 pm

Hi,

I am using Live Intro 10.1.43 and have for some time been happily using Slice with the Chaos device put in front of it to then trigger random bits of that sound sample using a Roland TM2 (to generate the Midi input to Ableton via a Roland UM1 midi USB adaptor) which is getting a trigger pulse from a Roland trigger kick pedal parts of the sample.

For no reason I can fathom 2 days ago this stopped working. The Roland is set to send on Channel10 and the Note is 60 (which is C I think). The Track is set to accept Midi input from the UM1. The Track shows its getting Midi and when I select One Shot or Classic mode in the Simpler the sample is played in full just fine (and at the right pitch so its not some odd note value coming through). When I switch to Slice mode I get nothing. This happens when the Chaos device is switched off as well so its not that which is the problem. I have also tried building a new clean track in a new project with just a simpler and a sample and get the same issue.

Is there a setting I am missing someplace? This is a critical part of my live setup and its just stopped for no reason I can work out!

Cheers in advance and hoping someone has some knowledge in this...

pottering

Re: Slice mode in simpler has stopped working

Post by pottering » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:15 pm

MIDI note 60 is C3, while Slice mode always plays from C1 octave, and shorter audio probably won't have slices in higher octaves like C3.
♥♥♥