I'm having trouble exporting stems with god particle on the master

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tuckerdarcy

I'm having trouble exporting stems with god particle on the master

Post by tuckerdarcy » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:47 am

Hello, is there a way to export stems as if every track is playing at the same time as opposed to individually running through the master?

I am exporting stems to send to another producer and I love how god particle sounds on the master. God particle is the only plugin on my master channel. When i export stems with god particle on, it's as if every track is going through the plugin individually as opposed to all tracks playing simultaneously. Therefore, the levels are all out of whack and the tracks don't interact with each other when I play the stems back in a blank session.

I have tried:
-Exporting selected tracks only with 'include return and master fx' on
-Exporting all individual tracks with 'include return and master fx' on

I am bouncing 48k 32bit stems. I'm hoping there's a way to export as if the song is actually playing

Or do I have to bounce with god particle off and tell the other producer to buy that plugin?

Thank you

ryandarian

Re: I'm having trouble exporting stems with god particle on the master

Post by ryandarian » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:07 pm

Hey there,

Cradle used to have a troubleshoot article detailing how to resolve this. For some reason they have taken it down. What you want to do is utilize the external side chain in the god particle by exporting a full version of the song with the god particle off; then use that new file's signal as a trigger for the god particle. Meaning you need to create a new track in the project for the god particle side chain you just exported. You should check to make sure that the new file nulls with the mix by summing them just at the master track. Once you confirm it nulls, change the new track's settings to send only, then go back to the god particle turn it on, switch to ext sc, and select new side chain you've created located in the input dropdown menu. As long as you've exported and imported the file with no time or level differences (meters should be peaking the same & the mix's signal should null with ), when you export stems the god particle will be reacting to the entire signal, even if only part of it is playing for export :D

Cheers

RD