Mute states not working as expected on Push 3 SA

Discuss Push with other users.
comeonalready

Mute states not working as expected on Push 3 SA

Post by comeonalready » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:42 am

Having a bit of a strange issue with Push 3 Stand Alone.

I am using an instrument rack to host a bunch of drum racks.
I am using the chain selector to choose the drum rack I want and turn on/off drum racks so that only the selected drum rack is playing.

I select the the drum rack I want by holding the button for the main container so that I get access to the macros for the correct drum rack.
I play on the pads and the correct sounds are being played back.

The problem: Everything is working as expected except for when I hold the mute button and press a pad to mute a sound.
If I do it with the first drum rack in the chain it works as expected. eg. pressing mute and the kick drum pad together stops the sound of the kick.

However, with all other racks in the chain the sound just keeps playing after I mute the pad. Even though I have selected the correct rack to be in focus and it is showing the correct parameters etc.

I could have swore that this was working as I would expect it to in the past. I was on the latest Beta when I discovered the issue and have now switched to latest stable release. Both have same issue.

I am wondering if someone can please check if they have the same behavior or if there is something I could be doing wrong:)

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Mute states not working as expected on Push 3 SA

Post by [jur] » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:03 am

There's a bug with instrument racks where the selected pad/chain is offset by "-1", i.e you select a pad/chain, but it's actually selecting the previous one.
Could you check if that's what you're experiencing and let us know?
Ableton Forum Moderator

comeonalready

Post by comeonalready » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:02 am

Thank you for your reply 😊 No, this is not the issue I am experiencing.

My issue is with mutes not working as expected when using more than one drum rack inside an instrument rack in order to use different kits live.

To recreate issue:
Load instrument rack -> load 2 or more drum racks into the instrument rack-> distribute ranges of chains equally-> map chain selector to Macro of Instrument Rack -> send project to push stand alone->

program pattern on drum track -> with rack one selected press mute + drum pad -> sound is muted as expected-> use chain selector to select drum rack 2 and also select the drum rack 2 from the track so the parameters in focus are displayed-> play drum pad -> sounds of drum rack 2 are playing as expected -> program pattern and press mute + drum pad

Result: The sound keeps playing even though mute + drum pad has been pressed. You can mute all pads without sound being affected.

Thank you for any help 😊

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:17 pm

Did you ever report this to Support?
Ableton Forum Moderator

comeonalready

Post by comeonalready » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:34 pm

[jur] wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:17 pm
Did you ever report this to Support?
I did not yet. I had to just use a workaround for gigs and I have not had any time to sit down and make a video etc.
Will do it as soon as I find some time though.
Might be that the bug is obsolete with possible workflow changes in 12 though so hopefully it works out one way or another soon:)