Granulator 3 on push 3 standalone

Discuss Push with other users.
oboulys

Granulator 3 on push 3 standalone

Post by oboulys » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:08 pm

Hey.

Cant find granulator 3 in the beta of push3.
Will it be available on live-12 launchdate, and will it be mapped + waveforms on the display, + able to load samples like simpler?

That would be really nice and groovy.
And if not, that would suck extremely hard :)

Tarekith

Re: Granulator 3 on push 3 standalone

Post by Tarekith » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:20 pm

For discussions about the beta, you'll probably get more replies on the Centercode forums.

oboulys

Post by oboulys » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:26 pm

Oh sorry. Thanks.

But its still a question about if granulator3 will be implemented in push3 when live 12 is released proper :)

dcjams

Post by dcjams » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:57 pm

My guess would be yes G3 will run on P3SA but I’m not convinced you’ll be able to load your own samples.

That’s the current status of G2. Running G3 is probably already within P3SA’s ability but the load samples thing seems like a more system wide change that might be some iterations away.

But that’s just a guess!

AlexDLarge

Post by AlexDLarge » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:28 pm

Thanks to the info provided by @btrrrrnnnnn I've managed to access the file structure on the P3. By doing this, I've tested the first draft of a Granulator 3 modification in which is possible to load and swap to any sample file stored in the sample directory on the Push3 SA without a computer. Now I need to create a live.menu in MAX with the addresses to all my subfolders, and rename the files inside each subfolders in order to be able to see the name of the file and the subfolder in the P3 screen. Seems complicated but in fact it's pretty easy.

I don't know the best way to share all of this as the G3 is not a free device, so I don't want to make public something that is not. Probably what I can do is to create an external M4L device in which anyone can edit their own file structure and the tips to do the mods in the G3 M4L device ...

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:26 pm

AlexDLarge wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:28 pm
I don't know the best way to share all of this as the G3 is not a free device
GIII is free. But maybe you could ask Robert Henke directly?
Ableton Forum Moderator

AlexDLarge

Post by AlexDLarge » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:58 am

Oh, yes, I didn't realize that to be able to use the M4L devices you need to have the full version of Ableton, and with that version the G3 is free ... So as soon as I have the patch ready I'll post it here.

btrrrrnnnnn

Post by btrrrrnnnnn » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:25 pm

AlexDLarge wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:28 pm
Thanks to the info provided by @btrrrrnnnnn I've managed to access the file structure on the P3. By doing this, I've tested the first draft of a Granulator 3 modification in which is possible to load and swap to any sample file stored in the sample directory on the Push3 SA without a computer. Now I need to create a live.menu in MAX with the addresses to all my subfolders, and rename the files inside each subfolders in order to be able to see the name of the file and the subfolder in the P3 screen. Seems complicated but in fact it's pretty easy.

I don't know the best way to share all of this as the G3 is not a free device, so I don't want to make public something that is not. Probably what I can do is to create an external M4L device in which anyone can edit their own file structure and the tips to do the mods in the G3 M4L device ...
I'm really really looking forward to seeing the finished version of this!

AlexDLarge

Post by AlexDLarge » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:50 pm

Here we go ... Here’s the Granulator III mod to allow users to load their own samples from the P3 Sa without connecting it to the computer.

https://maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=10311

You have to create a folder called “Folders” inside the Sample folder on the P3. There you can add different folders all with your WAV or MP3 files inside of them, but the root as you see it in Ableton should be "Push/User Library/Samples/Folders/ … (your sample folders).
No subfolders allowed at the moment (you can have subfolders but the device won’t read them). If the number of folders and samples don’t show up correctly when loading the device, trigger the “Reload” dial on bank 2 to update the numbers.
All controls on Bank 2. Thanks to Robert Henke for this wonderful device.

secretkillerofnames

Post by secretkillerofnames » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:04 pm

That's really cool and seems to work well.
I assume representing the folders and files between 1-127 is a necessary work around?
I also assume the "random" control only selects from the first 127 files?
Imagine you would need to return the number of files in a folder and have that set as the upper limit to randomise from a larger directory.
Still this opens up a lot of possibility!
Thanks!

AlexDLarge

Post by AlexDLarge » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:12 pm

The random values are actually limited by the number of folders and files, so if you increase the number of samples the random number will give you a number between 1 and the total samples.

I've tried to represent the name of the folder and sample loaded but I'm having a lot of problems with dynamic names and M4L on the Push3. I used to have a version where the name of the folder is updated in the bank 1 name, but it's giving me a lot of headaches ... I will try to find a solution for this.

The 127 limit is taken from the dial max value, but I can increase that. I will update this.

secretkillerofnames

Post by secretkillerofnames » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:32 pm

The random values are actually limited by the number of folders and files, so if you increase the number of samples the random number will give you a number between 1 and the total samples.
OK great. I have two folders with over 1000 random bits of foley and field recordings that work really well just being randomised.

I did find a bug. When you change the Granular mode (Original/Looping/Cloud) the second page gets additional dials from the first page and the reload dial goes away.

AlexDLarge

Post by AlexDLarge » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:09 pm

Oh, I don’t have my computer with me now but I know why this is happening. I’ll correct that bug

AlexDLarge

Post by AlexDLarge » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:29 pm

secretkillerofnames wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:32 pm
I did find a bug. When you change the Granular mode (Original/Looping/Cloud) the second page gets additional dials from the first page and the reload dial goes away.
Bug corrected now!

secretkillerofnames

Post by secretkillerofnames » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:25 am

Bug corrected now!
Great - can confirm it's working fine.