Push 3 controller firmware not updating (Not standalone)

Discuss Push with other users.
soulbrilliance

Push 3 controller firmware not updating (Not standalone)

Post by soulbrilliance » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:03 pm

I am currently running push 3 (w/firmware version 1.0.73), and the velocity curve display disappeared (It was there when I first started using this unit) I figured maybe a firmware glitch.

Unfortunately, when I boot Push 3 up with Live open, I get the error message on Push 3's screen "Firmware update failed" every time.

I have tried to download the later firmware version, but there is not information anywhere on how to manually install firmware on the CONTROLLER version, and you cannot do a factory reset on the controller version, only the standalone version. When I click on it, there is no app that can open it. And I've searched both libraries to see if there are any folders where I can drop in the firmware, etc.

I have tried a complete uninstall/reinstall of Live, removing all preferences etc. Did not help.

I have been searching for hours on any info on this. My return window is still open and I'm considering returning it if they are still coming out buggy and waiting until they work the bugs out.

[erm]
Site Admin

Re: Push 3 controller firmware not updating (Not standalone)

Post by [erm] » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:33 pm

Probably need to contact support and see if they can help you:

Support
Ableton Forum Administrator

soulbrilliance

Post by soulbrilliance » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:49 pm

[erm] wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:33 pm
Probably gets to contact support and see if they can help you:

Support
Thank you for your reply. I have definitely put in support tickets, but they are so unbelievably slow to reply, because of the new release of Push 3 and the impending rollout of Live 12, and may not even get back to me until my tour starts, and my return window closes, so that's why I'm opening this forum query, in case someone out here in the Ableton group mind can help me sooner.

JamesonB

Post by JamesonB » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:27 pm

I have the same problem, can't update manually either by going to http://push.local/update

Also have sent support request.

Am on the beta stream.

JamesonB

Post by JamesonB » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:32 am

update:

i've been informed by support that beacause I'm on the beta this is not a problem for them but for the beta centercode people and so I have filed a bug report.

dbenway

Post by dbenway » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:59 pm

Try reauthorising your push by going into the settings menu on standalone and following the process from there:

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... standalone

I had this same issue, I think it was something to do with cutting off support for the Push "12" beta stream for users who don't move on to Live 12. I think Beta 28 was the last one that could be installed as normal, whatever the reason for 29 and up you have to reauthorise first. Did it and it worked fine from there. There's a post on the beta form on centercode about it, which I'd completely missed.

Edit: durrr, seems like reading the (not standalone) in the title was a bit too much for me. Still worth checking though.

Edit 2: feeling a bit less dumb now because it looks like the post I was replying to does relate to standalone.

JamesonB

Post by JamesonB » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:13 pm

dbenway wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:59 pm
Try reauthorising your push by going into the settings menu on standalone and following the process from there:

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... standalone

I had this same issue, I think it was something to do with cutting off support for the Push "12" beta stream for users who don't move on to Live 12. I think Beta 28 was the last one that could be installed as normal, whatever the reason for 29 and up you have to reauthorise first. Did it and it worked fine from there. There's a post on the beta form on centercode about it, which I'd completely missed.

Edit: durrr, seems like reading the (not standalone) in the title was a bit too much for me. Still worth checking though.

Edit 2: feeling a bit less dumb now because it looks like the post I was replying to does relate to standalone.

Cheers, this worked a treat.