Realtek ASIO driving causing problems?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jomomobobo

Realtek ASIO driving causing problems?

Post by jomomobobo » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:45 pm

I attempted a fresh install of 12 on a new Geekom A7 mini pc (Ryzen R9-7940HS, 32GB ram, should be okay). It's a base Windows 11 pro install.

Live will not detect my Presonus 26c interface. Windows sees it fine and I can play audio through the 26c outside of Live (I haven't tried another DAW yet or the other interface I have on hand, a Focusrite 2i2). I downloaded Presonus Universal Control and made sure all my 26c drivers and firmware were up to date. Live 12 will only detect the already installed Realtek ASIO drivers, and doesn't see the 26c at all.

I had 11 installed on an outdated laptop, from which I upgraded. It had no problem detecting and switching to the 26c. The only difference I can think of between the two machines is the Realtek ASIO driver. I'm tempted to reinstall Live with the Presonus drivers already in place, but don't know if I'd just be spinning my wheels. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT: Solved. I uninstalled Live, refreshed my Presonus drivers, then reinstalled Live and it's all working now. It initially didn't detect the interface, which was weird. So far no new problems.