Browser > Current Project > Locator List ?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
TRNMTH

Browser > Current Project > Locator List ?

Post by TRNMTH » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:43 pm

Hello,

I have been working with a proven and robust workflow with Nuendo for radio drama for a long time. I've been looking for alternatives to this workflow with Ableton but I still lack navigation tools for my method. After some research, it turns out that I'm missing a simple locator management in which I can search.

An example of my workflow for radio drama production: record script with locators > edit with locators simulating a source/destination following the record (need jump in timeline with the ID of locator).

In absolute terms, in addition to this manager, I'd need two META locators that could keep their names (like SOURCE and DESTINATION, for example) while being repositionable. This would allow me to always keep a dynamic eye on where I want to make an editing point. That's another subject. Already, if the locator management is there, I could find solutions.

I searched for a while in Live to get around this methodology before writing to you but I can't find anything more effective today for this specific work (I always work in multi-channel: the session window would not be useful to me at this stage of editing).

I looked on the forum and saw a few requests for this locator management window and I tried looking at Killihu's excellent work and the locators window: it's already a great help, but it seems that Max is not made for dynamic searching in a list of text.

If you think this idea could be looked at would be cool :)

Best regards,

Mathieu

TRNMTH

Re: Browser > Current Project > Locator List ?

Post by TRNMTH » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:45 pm

Thanks to MAX's capabilities, its community and the brilliant people who make it all happen: I've solved the navigation tools I needed.

Nevertheless, perhaps native locator management would be useful?

Best regards :!: