Output issue with AXE I/O One

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
punchy712

Output issue with AXE I/O One

Post by punchy712 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:25 pm

I recently picked up an IK Multimedia AXE I/O One interface and I'm having an issue when using it with Ableton 11 (on a MacBook Pro M2 running MacOS X 13.4). This interface has 3 outputs; 2 balanced on the back that are going to my monitors and another output on the front which is an "amp out" meant to feed something like a guitar amp (for re-amp purposes for example).

The issue I'm running into is that I can't seem to be able to output audio on all 3 outputs at the same time. The interface is detected by Ableton and it shows 4 outputs being available; I enabled all outputs. When setting up my tracks, I'm only able to output the outputs 1/2, which are my monitors. I'm never able to get anything routed to output 3. If I configure Ableton to only have outputs 3/4 enabled then I'm able to hear audio out of output 3.

I feel like this should be possible and I'm just not configuring something correctly, I'm just not sure what. I played around with Logic Pro and I'm able to configure it as described so I don't think it's a hardware limitation.

pat the dog

Re: Output issue with AXE I/O One

Post by pat the dog » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:19 am

I have the same issue with the AXE I/O One. Did you ever get the amp out working in Ableton?

It seems odd because IK Multimedia bundles the interface with Ableton Lite.