M4L Performance Pack by Iftah - The Video Manual

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Tarekith

M4L Performance Pack by Iftah - The Video Manual

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:31 pm

Posting this here so people can see what this really awesome new group of M4L devices can do in Live 12:

https://youtu.be/SnqCJmkxZ_s

Coming soon for Live 12!

oddeo

Re: M4L Performance Pack by Iftah - The Video Manual

Post by oddeo » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:49 am

I've watched the video and have spent some time with the Performer device and am hoping to confirm if the following is possible...

Has anyone figured out if there is a way to have Performer's controls dynamically change based on the device that's currently selected? In other words, how rack macros are commonly controlled using control scripts.
Live Suite 12 / Push 3S / MacBook Pro M1 Max 64G RAM / SS Prophet 6 / Moog Minitaur / TR-8S / Zen Delay / BigSky / Yaeltex Custom / APC40 Mk2 / KeyLab Mk2 / BCR2000 / FCB 1010 / UA Apollo 8 / other random gear

David.L

Post by David.L » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:34 am

Hello everyone,
I often encounter issues with midi mapping controls to Performer.
Do any of you experience this type of problem?
thx

oddeo

Post by oddeo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 am

"Red Session Box" syle clip launching with Performance Pack.

Performer is pretty straightforward for mapping knobs, faders, and switches from a custom controller. This is great for filling the current gap of P3S not being able to load custom control scripts. However, I've not figured out if there is a way to navigate or launch clips with any of the Iftah devices, other than the standard 1:1 mapping. Are there any option with his devices, or any other for that matter, that enables "session box" controls, or similar, for launching clips from a custom controller?
Live Suite 12 / Push 3S / MacBook Pro M1 Max 64G RAM / SS Prophet 6 / Moog Minitaur / TR-8S / Zen Delay / BigSky / Yaeltex Custom / APC40 Mk2 / KeyLab Mk2 / BCR2000 / FCB 1010 / UA Apollo 8 / other random gear

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 am

You'd need to write a control surface script, there's option out there from Remotify (Premium but great) or Yaeltex (Free but a little more work involved)

Cheers
D

oddeo

Post by oddeo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 pm

Thanks for the thoughts, Dan. I have Control Surface Studio for my Yaeltex controller, which works well when there is a laptop in the equation. My intention for the message above was in hopes to try to find a workaround for the Push 3 Standalone, since it doesn’t accept custom scripts yet. At least not that I know of. The Performance device is a workaround up to a certain point, just not when it comes to clip launching. I looked through your store to see if I could find anything there too. I think the answer is that I need to wait until Ableton enables custom scripts for standalone. But if anybody knows otherwise, do share. 😉

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:45 am

If you're talking about triggering the clips that are in the Push's Ring Focus Box from an external controller you aren't going to be able to as the Control Components to work out where the Ring Focus Box is located are not available like they were previously with Live 11 and the Push2, this makes any MaxforLive workaround impossible.

Cheers
D

oddeo

Post by oddeo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:16 pm

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. That will save me a decent amount of time poking around on the Internet looking for a solution. Much appreciated, as always!