Ableton Live + Max for Live -> Upgrade to Ableton Live Suite

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
johnny.lizard

Ableton Live + Max for Live -> Upgrade to Ableton Live Suite

Post by johnny.lizard » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:36 pm

Hi, I upgraded from Ableton Live Intro to Standard in November and so I'm now happily in possession of Ableton 12 Standard.
To not miss any features that leaked from the beta I also purchased Max for Live.

However, now I realize that for a series of reasons I would like to switch to Ableton Live Suite but €329 for an upgrade is not a walk in the park for me (an expression to say that I can't spend it).

I wonder why there isn't some sort of cumulative discount. That is, if I have Ableton 12 Standard + Max for Live, do I have to pay the upgrade to the Suite version at the same price as someone who hasn't purchased Max for Live? This seems a little wrong to me and I want to throw out this suggestion about Ableton's update policies.

In any case, Ableton 12 is quite an amazing update. The new MIDI tools allow you to do beat making in genres such as Hip Hop, Trap etc which really have nothing to envy of FL Studio. Furthermore, two official Golden Hip Hop and Trap Drums packages have been added.

Furthermore, Ableton 12 is much smoother than Ableton 11 and consumes very little. I have a tenth generation i7 as a CPU and on Ableton 11 I easily went into saturation.

Good job!!!

Rivanni

Re: Ableton Live + Max for Live -> Upgrade to Ableton Live Suite

Post by Rivanni » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:17 pm

The upgrade price shown is 'unaware' of your Max license.

It's best to contact Ableton support and explain your situation. They may offer you a good deal. deal.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Ableton Live + Max for Live -> Upgrade to Ableton Live Suite

Post by [jur] » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:27 am

Rivanni wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:17 pm

It's best to contact Ableton support and explain your situation. They may offer you a good deal. deal.
+1
Ableton Forum Moderator