Arturia Keylab - Map current track sends from Keylab knobs?

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
chris_in_london

Arturia Keylab - Map current track sends from Keylab knobs?

Post by chris_in_london » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:32 am

Just picked up the Keylab Essentials mk3. I used to own mk2, so reasonably familiar with the set-up. Live integration seems better than before, which is nice! However...

I'd like to be able to control the currently selected track's sends with the Keylab's knobs in a similar way to how the 9th fader and knob on the Keylab control the volume and pan of the currently selected track. For example, Keylab knobs 7 + 8 mapped to the currently selected track's send 1 and send 2 would work really nicely for me.

I don't mind losing the default DAW mode behavour of these 2 knobs (pan settings for tracsk 7 & 8 of the current 'page'), as I don't won't be tweaking them so often.

Ideally I'd like to do this without needing to create another profile on for the Keylab (so that I only have to swap between the Arturia and DAW profiles whilst working). I own Bome's midi translator.

Wondering if there are dedicated MCU or other protocol settings for this, that I could set up a midi translation for? Or some other way to get it working?

Comfortable editing the Python files for the Keylab if that is a way to achieve this...

Any/all suggestions welcome :)