Plugins on the second screen

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bendir

Plugins on the second screen

Post by bendir » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:51 pm

Hi
When working with Ableton suite 11 on two screens, is it possible to put the plugin windows on the second screen, to keep the view of Ableton free?
THANKS !

Gral

Re: Plugins on the second screen

Post by Gral » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:32 am

I do this all the time. Open a plugin and move it to the second screen.

The next time you open the plugin it appears at the last location. When it was the second screen it appears on the second screen. Quite simple.

stefan.geissler@klingt.org

Post by stefan.geissler@klingt.org » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:54 am

is this also possible with ableton's own "plugins"? I mean instruments like "operator". probaly not (because they are completely integrated in ableton.)

I ask, because I would need to monitor several instances of a self-programmed "max for live"-looper under stage-conditions. having the possibilty to watch them on a second monitor (or a tablet) would be brilliant.

randi

Post by randi » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:21 pm

stefan.geissler@klingt.org wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:54 am
is this also possible with ableton's own "plugins"? I mean instruments like "operator". probaly not (because they are completely integrated in ableton.)

I ask, because I would need to monitor several instances of a self-programmed "max for live"-looper under stage-conditions. having the possibilty to watch them on a second monitor (or a tablet) would be brilliant.
You can have a maxforlive device open a floating window and then position it anywhere you want.