Push 2 record and play button turn on by themselves..

Discuss Push with other users.
Andrew108

Push 2 record and play button turn on by themselves..

Post by Andrew108 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:53 pm

I've been trying to fix this for ages. Basically Push 2 has a life of its own and keeps sending midi data when it's not being touched. I get the record and play button constantly turning on creating loads of empty clips. I'm on a MacBook Pro and use a direct cable without dongle. Unplugged the power supply and just used the cable and same thing happens. Thought it might be Electromagnetic Interference and turned off all lights and power supplies. Still it happens. Strange thing is that I can go for a few hours where everything is ok and then suddenly it starts glitching out.
Wish I hadn't bought it to be honest although when it works its good.
Any ideas? Why would it be constantly sending midi data without me even touching it?

Tarekith

Re: Push 2 record and play button turn on by themselves..

Post by Tarekith » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:40 pm

Try a different usb cable?

mh

Post by mh » Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:28 am

I just had the exact same problem with my brand new Push 2. The metronome turned on and Ableton started recording multiple clips. That happened twice so far, restart Ableton and turn Push on/off solved the problem for now. But still unsure if it's a hardware, software or cable related issue.

Macbook Pro M1, Mac OS 12.6.2, Ableton 11.2.7

ash_queen

Post by ash_queen » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:18 am

I know that this fix doesn't make much sense, but it worked for me and will probably work for you too. I'm kicking myself because I had this problem for an entire year, and the fix is so simple.

Make sure you have something plugged into your pedal inputs. There are two inputs next to the power button of the Push 2, and all you have to do is to make sure that something is plugged in. Doesn't even have to be connected to any pedal device, you just have to ensure that there are cables plugged into it. I hope this helps, I'm sure it will because it's helped others too. I know it doesn't make much sense, but I won't complain about something if it works. Good luck!

beebeeveevee

Post by beebeeveevee » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:30 pm

ash_queen wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:18 am
I know that this fix doesn't make much sense, but it worked for me and will probably work for you too. I'm kicking myself because I had this problem for an entire year, and the fix is so simple.

Make sure you have something plugged into your pedal inputs. There are two inputs next to the power button of the Push 2, and all you have to do is to make sure that something is plugged in. Doesn't even have to be connected to any pedal device, you just have to ensure that there are cables plugged into it. I hope this helps, I'm sure it will because it's helped others too. I know it doesn't make much sense, but I won't complain about something if it works. Good luck!
This worked for me too. For the last year of using my Push 2 I had something plugged into the pedal inputs...