Push3 Standalone file structure for M4L devs

Discuss Push with other users.
AlexDLarge

Push3 Standalone file structure for M4L devs

Post by AlexDLarge » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:18 am

Hello everyone!

I am considering the option of updating my Push3 to the stand-alone version and I have some doubts about how to implement patches in M4L. One of the uses would be to use, for example, Granullator 3 to load different samples and manipulate them live. From the P3 it is not possible to change the samples directly as I think, but previously I modified the Granullator 2 patch to have this option.

The question would be, where are the samples stored in the Push3 Stand Alone and how can that directory be accessed from an M4L? Or first of all, is this possible?

Thanks!

S4racen

Re: Push3 Standalone file structure for M4L devs

Post by S4racen » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:44 pm

Have you read the official guide?

Cheers
D

AlexDLarge

Post by AlexDLarge » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:06 pm

Yes, I did, but the answer to that question is not clear. I know that uploading a new sample to Granulator, for example, is not possible at the moment, so “loading” is not allowed. But I’ve read that saving a preset in the computer with an already loaded sample on the G3 and then uploading it to the P3 is possible. So G3, as a M4L device in P3 is capable of “loading” an stored sample. My question is where are those samples stored in the P3 and if it’s possible to preload several of the in the memory and change them live with some minor mods in the original M4L code …

AlexDLarge

Post by AlexDLarge » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:21 pm

S4racen wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:44 pm
Have you read the official guide?

Cheers
D
Hi! finally thanks to the help of @btrrrrnnnnn I've managed to access the file structure on the P3 SA, and I've been able to do a modification on the Granulator III to swap samples on the fly without a computer. Now I need to create a u.menu with all the addresses to the different samples in my P3 to be able to select whatever sample I want to be loaded. The change in the samples is really fast.

I'll post here all the information on how to do that.