Any Max device that lets you change the track input monitoring state?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jonljacobi

Any Max device that lets you change the track input monitoring state?

Post by jonljacobi » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:00 pm

I often want to use the tuner to tune a guitar, but this requires that the track input monitoring in in the On state. Alas, that also creates latency when recording, so I actually keep it Off. It's less work now as I can just show the main mixer, but it's still a pain. Lacking key commands for this feature, I was wondering if there was a Max for Live device that can toggle or cycle the input monitoring state by key command. Didn't find one on Maxforlive.com, only one for the track state itself. Failing that, is this facility even available in Max?

jonljacobi

Re: Any Max device that lets you change the track input monitoring state?

Post by jonljacobi » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:14 pm

Doesn't seem to say anything about the monitoring state though it shows it in one capture... Can you confirm that it does that? Cheers

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:26 am

It has a floating window that displays and controls any parameter of the currently selected track, but it's designed to be used with the mouse and is not key/midi mappable.
BUT, you can key map any track's monitoring status buttons natively in Live, so you can actually forget about this M4L device :wink:

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:31 pm

You know... I just tried that. You have to remap every time you want to switch tracks, or I suppose just define one track as the tuner track. But it still saves me time, and maybe I'll tune more often now! Thanks for the info and suggestions!