Push 3 - User Wavetables

Discuss Push with other users.
splinters

Push 3 - User Wavetables

Post by splinters » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:40 pm

Its very possible I'm overlooking something basic, but when in the Wavetable Device on Push (standalone), I can scroll to the User Wavetable category on the Osc tab but its empty by default. In my User Library I have copied across a ton of Wavetables I'd like to use but I don't seem to be able to browse my User Library in Standalone. Of course its very straight forward to just drag and drop a wavetable onto it when I'm on the computer but ideally would like to do this in standalone.

Is that just a limitation of the standalone, or am I missing something to be able to import a custom wavetable in standalone mode?

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Push 3 - User Wavetables

Post by [jur] » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:26 pm

splinters wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:40 pm
Is that just a limitation of the standalone
Yes.
Workaround would be to set it up in Controller mode, then transfer to Standalone. Make sure that the custom wavetables you're using are also copied to your P3S user lib, using the exact same folder structure as in Live.
Ableton Forum Moderator

splinters

Post by splinters » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:39 am

[jur] wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:26 pm
Workaround would be to set it up in Controller mode, then transfer to Standalone. Make sure that the custom wavetables you're using are also copied to your P3S user lib, using the exact same folder structure as in Live.
I can do that alright, just that I have a few thousand wavetables. Half the enjoyment I get from noodling around is creating patches so its a pity I can't use my own wavetables on the fly for this. Hopefully something that can be addressed at some stage. Thankfully theres a bucket load of wavetables included in the device anyway.

llorenzo

Post by llorenzo » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:15 pm

Would be very welcome if Ableton implemented custom Waveable browsing in SA.

whatisnotrue

Post by whatisnotrue » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:32 pm

it was made a suggestion twice on centercode so...... one day soon?

DavidassMagoza

Post by DavidassMagoza » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:36 am

I would say this is the basic functionality of the wavetable synth and i would be extremely surprised (and frustrated) if this was not implemented at some point in the future

splinters

Post by splinters » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:32 pm

Just updated to v12 in standalone and sadly this is still not implemented.

Its very frustrating, my wavetables are all there available on the device, I just have no way to browse to them from within the Wavetable device when running in standalone.

DavidStars

Post by DavidStars » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:40 pm

splinters wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:32 pm
Just updated to v12 in standalone and sadly this is still not implemented.

Its very frustrating, my wavetables are all there available on the device, I just have no way to browse to them from within the Wavetable device when running in standalone.
Do you mind sharing info on how you updated your Push to v12? I see the option on my standalone Push3, but when I select it, it directs me to http://push.local/update and requests a .swu file & I have no idea where I'm supposed to get that from...

braduro

Post by braduro » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:43 pm

splinters, you are the first sign of mention on the internet of the upgrade today. Even ableton hasn't listed the new feature set, if I'm not mistaken. Only the features list from the last beta, which was posted over a couple weeks ago, and of course the general announcement that the upgrade would occur today.

How do alternate tunings work?
Aside from mirroring the new devices, what are the actual new features?

I won't be playing in Live 12 for some time, until a loaner computer is purged and transferred over to me. And honestly, learning 12 is not one of my main projects for this Spring. But I'd welcome getting more advanced on Push 3, if those projects remained in the hardware for a few months. Just doesn't seem worth loosing controller and hand-off based on the seemingly very incremental support and functionality...

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:48 pm

The only thing new added in Live 12 for Push 3 is support for the new devices. Maybe a couple small bug fixes or tiny features, but nothing substantial over Live 11 for Push 3. Just to set your expectations.

braduro

Post by braduro » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:09 pm

Thank you, Tarekith
*new native devices, Meld and Roar, along with Granulator III support (wish that had an interface overhaul)
*alt. tunings reflected on push controller when in a Live session, at least confirmed
*CC m4l device works in conjunction with push and other controllers
*probabilities focused on push carry over from group-assigned clip notes in Live

That's about all I could find...
Figured because the question pertained to our current extent of Push features, it couldn't hurt to elaborate on what is so far substantiated

splinters

Post by splinters » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:36 am

Tarekith wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:48 pm
The only thing new added in Live 12 for Push 3 is support for the new devices. Maybe a couple small bug fixes or tiny features, but nothing substantial over Live 11 for Push 3. Just to set your expectations.
No worries, I just hadnt checked in in a while so had really hoped it had been released in an update or in the v12 release. I'm surprised more people aren't noticing this as it seems like pretty basic functionality for a standalone wavetable synth.

Especially since its fully supported to copy those user wavetables over and the wavetable synth has a specific category for user wavetables. Its like all the functionality is there, just somebody forgot to join the dots.

braduro

Post by braduro » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:42 am

It wasn’t in the first features when wavetable was introduced, if I recall correctly