Change Key of the project with one click?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
schlam

Re: Change Key of the project with one click?

Post by schlam » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:24 am

Maybe I misunderstand totally this topic...
But sure I don't understand this Scale addon

I find too that this new scale stuff is really really frustrating and seems a bit unfinished..

.But .with real time midi input, if a scale device is in each track with the purple toggle switched on each,
and if no clip is selected, (..in fact it's not always true)
switching "On" the ''global" scale and changing the "global" scales and "global" tonic will affect all the scales devices in the same time and the correct scale can be ear on all tracks. The latency which the devices scales are changing from the "global" scale is sometimes huge...

It's the same for clips, still with Scale devices on each tracks.

Sometimes it's not working, it depends if a clip is selected or not and/or if a header track is selected or not.
Sometimes, this is woking whatever something is selected or not.
Sometimes it's not working and clicking stop then play makes it working again...

I really don't understand well this Scale Feature....=)
I really hope too for a simple "global scale" in real time of the whole live set for clips and real time iunputs

Lumix

Re: Change Key of the project with one click?

Post by Lumix » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:29 pm

schlam wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:24 am
Maybe I misunderstand totally this topic...
But sure I don't understand this Scale addon

I find too that this new scale stuff is really really frustrating and seems a bit unfinished..

.But .with real time midi input, if a scale device is in each track with the purple toggle switched on each,
and if no clip is selected, (..in fact it's not always true)
switching "On" the ''global" scale and changing the "global" scales and "global" tonic will affect all the scales devices in the same time and the correct scale can be ear on all tracks. The latency which the devices scales are changing from the "global" scale is sometimes huge...

It's the same for clips, still with Scale devices on each tracks.

Sometimes it's not working, it depends if a clip is selected or not and/or if a header track is selected or not.
Sometimes, this is woking whatever something is selected or not.
Sometimes it's not working and clicking stop then play makes it working again...

I really don't understand well this Scale Feature....=)
I really hope too for a simple "global scale" in real time of the whole live set for clips and real time iunputs
okay let me try to understand what i found out. scale not equal pitch sadly :cry:

imagine you write something in natural C minor, then you have the notes perfect in the scale grid.

now you change the global scale settings to lets say G major, notes, which are now off in the new scale, will be moved to the next available note in the new scale, if you have scale awareness activated for the Pitch device.
Its actual a cool feature, but i thought it would support global pitch, aka transposing every note up/down by what you have selected in the global scale option - that was my initial thought as i tried the new system.

Sure you can go and adjust every midi pitch device manually - but who would want to do that OMEGALUL

I think think a global pitch setting for all midi channel, would be an amazing feature, because you get simply tired sometimes of your melody ... pitching the whole context, would reenforce creativity.

i guess i will just stick with pitch plugin on the master, like i used to do it. its not 100% accurate, but it will be ok to find out the perfect pitch for a melody.
The Davile Insaide Teh Mashihne.