live 12 browser colours and uncluttering plugins.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
PEAVLEY

live 12 browser colours and uncluttering plugins.

Post by PEAVLEY » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:23 pm

I've taken quite a lot of time using colours and renaming them to names like .Dynamics for compressors and limiters, Equalisers,delays,Vocals for Nektar 4 etc ,Reverbs and speakers etc. It would be great to be able to edit these even more,and be allowed to change colours as the yellow is barely visible,and add sub categories to ones like EQS, and dynamics for the master buss.What it has shown me is the ridiculous amount of compressers,reverbs;even eqs I have now. I've put them in different vitual boxes.I clicked the + sign to add a couple of folders for all My Arturia V collection and FX one too,and a Soundtoys folder also.No wonder I had optional paralysis in trying to decide what to choose.This new brower in 12 started out as a nightmare.Akin to an incredibly messy room full of all sorts to go through,and cut the wheat from the chaff.What it's done for me is clear my head.Go through the different virtual plugins,and decide what I really do need,and uninstall what I don't need or use.