Problem with Ableton, connect guitar to input 1 and get sound on all the channels.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
manumaker

Problem with Ableton, connect guitar to input 1 and get sound on all the channels.

Post by manumaker » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:42 pm

Greetings! I am Manuel from Argentina, I have a serious problem with ableton, I use a minifuse 4 with a macbook air m2, with garage band it works perfectly and before with ableton too, I don't know why but for a few days now I have connected the guitar to input number 1 The signal, the green bars, rises in all channels 1,2,3,4,1/2,3/4 and I only heard a low and distorted sound, I already saw cables, guitar, etc. Everything is correct, I did a hard reset the mac and it worked again!!! I was happy, a few hours later the same thing happened again and I don't know what to do, if someone gives me a hand I will be eternally grateful. Greetings.

manumaker

Re: Problem with Ableton, connect guitar to input 1 and get sound on all the channels.

Post by manumaker » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:36 pm

More information if I use the 2nd input of the minifies 4 I get nothing, no level on any channel and no low and distorted sound. So hard. Sorry bad English.

jonljacobi

Re: Problem with Ableton, connect guitar to input 1 and get sound on all the channels.

Post by jonljacobi » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:31 pm

You'll get sound from any track set to input one if you leave the track monitoring on. I often have this issue with MIDI. New tracks by default use all inputs so unless you turn them off or specify them, every track sounds. I've changed the default project so that monitoring is off and no input is selected on MIDI tracks, then I duplicate or copy if I need new ones.

BTW, if you're recording guitar, be sure to leave Live monitoring at the off position. Otherwise, the latency is pretty horrendous. Monitor from the interface.

manumaker

Post by manumaker » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:03 am

Thanks for the response, I lost two days of my life with this problem, with two intense young children, I am selling it online, I don't think the problem is the interface itself since it works normally with garage band, I suppose it is ableton and macos With the updates up to date, I put a screenshot here, even with everything turned off I receive a signal on all the traks. If you can give me a hand, I'd appreciate it. Greetings.
Other thing is that I don't get a good sound on any channel, only a very low, distorted clipped sound.

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:20 am

Weird. I mistook the issue in my first message. Look for an updated driver/control panel, or reinstall if it's already the latest. You can also try audio/midi devices and try redefining the MiniFuse. Never used that interface, so I don't know the software. Good luck!

manumaker

Post by manumaker » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:30 am

Thanks a lot "You can also try audio/midi devices and try redefining the MiniFuse." this I sound different, I already reinstall every posible thing. Can you help with that? I think is the reason of the problem, yestarday the build in microphone of the m2 says 3ins, today say 1. Sorry bad English.

znake

Post by znake » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:35 pm

Hey, I have the same problem in Ableton 12.0.1 and also Ableton 11.3.22.

I use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 4th gen and also tried the 3rd gen.
I only use one input, but it gets send to all other inputs in Ableton.
When I plug the xlr in the second input, I don't get any feedback in Ableton.

The sound quality is really bad and actually sounds like the same input is stacked and interfering with each other.
When you get under a certain threshold, the sound cuts off like it is gated with a small release, but you can still hear some crackling noise and a subtle texture of the sound.

I've also tried the same input in FL Studio and there was no problem whatsoever.
I use a Macbook Pro M2 Max on macOS Sonoma 14.4.

Please help! :'(

EDIT:
You have to switch the mic mode in the top bar..

manumaker

Post by manumaker » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:12 pm

Hello sorry bad english i fix it, call Apple , they make me créate a New user, and with this New user everything works fine, is a user problem, i lost 3 days of my life. And now ONE more to configúrate everything with the new user. Hope it helps.