Ableton 12 is adding delay to MIDI instruments

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
koyobeats1

Ableton 12 is adding delay to MIDI instruments

Post by koyobeats1 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:53 pm

I have upgraded to Ableon 12 this week, and am noticing significant delays in MIDI instruments such as Serum, Omnisphere, JV-1080.

The window on the left is a Live 11 set, and the window on the right is a Live 12 set. Both sets have the same MIDI tracks. (JV-1080, EQ Eight, OTT)

When I freeze and flatten in Live 11, I get 3ms delay in front of the audio file, which I assume is baked in the sample itself.

But then when I "Freeze and Flatten" the same track in Live 12, I get 10~13ms delay! this gets really obvious when I am layering this track with other instruments.

I assumed that It might be the problem of the MIDI Clip, so I tried it with other tracks with other instruments. There were no delays.

I checked that the "Reduced Latency when Monitoring" option is off, and the "Keep Latency" was turned on for the MIDI tracks.

I have these kinds of issues here and there.

For example, in the picture below, I froze and flattened a pluck sound with 0ms attack. But when I print it to audio, the audio file is playing 14ms ahead of time compared to the MIDI track.

I have no idea why this is happening to my live sets. is anyone experiencing similar issues in Live 12?

musiccomposersg

Re: Ableton 12 is adding delay to MIDI instruments

Post by musiccomposersg » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:07 pm

i'm having the same issue. serum and omnisphere patches are not sounding at all like what they did on ableton 11. anyone know how to fix this?

musiccomposersg

Post by musiccomposersg » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:59 am

I found the answer to this question for myself with Serum.

Strangely enough ableton 12 changed the oscillator waveform type.

Soon as i loaded original waveform that i saw in Serum ableton 11 everything started sounding normal again

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:29 pm

musiccomposersg wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:59 am
Strangely enough ableton 12 changed the oscillator waveform type.
If you're sure this is happening "automatically", then it'd be worth a report to Support.
Ableton Forum Moderator