Loop Brace

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
crazynuts

Loop Brace

Post by crazynuts » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi!
I was reading on live manuals that to select loop brace in clip view properties is two ways to do that:
1. Click on Loop Brace
2. Shortcut Ctrl+Shift+L

I wanna use the second one because of the time in my live sets and also because of the mouse which I do not use in my live sets. So I did try to enter the shortcut but it does not select the loop brace so it remain unmarked. Do anybody has the same problem with loop brace when you wanna select it?

Thank ya, your Crazy Nuts

stutter

Re: Loop Brace

Post by stutter » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Ctrl+Shift+L selects the loop brace in Arrangement view only - there is not a keyboard shortcut to select the loop brace in clip properties. You can midi or key map the "Loop" button, and Loop start and length properties in the clip properties, but not the selection of the clip loop brace.

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:02 am

stutter wrote:Ctrl+Shift+L selects the loop brace in Arrangement view only - there is not a keyboard shortcut to select the loop brace in clip properties. You can midi or key map the "Loop" button, and Loop start and length properties in the clip properties, but not the selection of the clip loop brace.
I have "Select Loop Brace" for session view working. I mapped it to one of my buttons on my nanoKontrol using QuicKeys. I used QuicKeys' built-in midi input translator to simulate a mouse click on the loop brace in session view. Works a treat.

earwig

Post by earwig » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:20 am

delicioso wrote:
stutter wrote:Ctrl+Shift+L selects the loop brace in Arrangement view only - there is not a keyboard shortcut to select the loop brace in clip properties. You can midi or key map the "Loop" button, and Loop start and length properties in the clip properties, but not the selection of the clip loop brace.
I have "Select Loop Brace" for session view working. I mapped it to one of my buttons on my nanoKontrol using QuicKeys. I used QuicKeys' built-in midi input translator to simulate a mouse click on the loop brace in session view. Works a treat.

can you explain how you did this with Hot keys in detail please? This would be a massive help to me and many others.

Allister

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:16 pm

earwig wrote:
delicioso wrote:

can you explain how you did this with Hot keys in detail please? This would be a massive help to me and many others.

Allister
Only the OSX version can do this and I think you can download the demo and manual to figure it out. It's fairly straightforward and there are also video tutorials on the web. Sorry I can't get into it more as I'm too occupied at the moment.

cellicello

Post by cellicello » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:55 am

I know it's been a very long time that this thread has been published,
but I run into the same problem with Ableton 12.
I used Keyboard Maestro "Found Image" macro
and it works perfectly.
I set my shortcut trigger as command control L

I made a video on how to do it.
https://youtube.com/shorts/jK_UZ-1Z-Fg? ... 9vxfmv2q5K