1 XLN plugins causing super long hiccups & crashes on Mac M3

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beeloo

1 XLN plugins causing super long hiccups & crashes on Mac M3

Post by beeloo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:29 pm

Hi yall. Is anyone else having issues with XLN plugins in live 11? I'm running into the below on a Mac M3 pro.

It's causing super long hiccups, and making me have to force close ableton consistently. Specifically when closing/opening a project that has an XLN plugin anywhere in the project (I frequently use the RC-20 and Addictive Drums).

I tested this with a completely blank project. Closing ableton is instantaneous with no hiccups when the plugin isn't present. When I have a single instance on an audio track, when I hit close & don't save, I get the rainbow wheel for over a full minute, or sometimes indefinitely, causing me to have to force close ableton. This is happening with both the VST3 and the AU versions of the plugin.

I even get the rainbow wheel when I'm just deleting an instance of the RC-20 off of a track.

This appeared out of the blue, without any updates to ableton or my XLN plugins having taken place (everything is up to date). My CPU usage is totally fine while all this is going on. I really don't know what has changed in my system or files to have this randomly start happening, and it's a huge pain in the ass. Can anyone please offer any suggestions or point me towards cleaning up whatever is causing this to happen?

Thanks ableton friends

cids

Re: 1 XLN plugins causing super long hiccups & crashes on Mac M3

Post by cids » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:34 pm

No issues here, are you using latest versions of XLN plugins? Could you share your system info (macOS version etc)
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

beeloo

Post by beeloo » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:22 am

Update! (Fixed)

I reached out to XLN, and they had me uncheck the box in the XLN installer settings for sending analytics data. This totally fixed the issue thankfully.

They said they've seen some issues like this and even some hard crashes with their analytics system when the plugin attempts to send usage data.

Glad it was a simple fix. Never would have expected that to cause the issue.

cids

Post by cids » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:24 am

beeloo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:22 am
Update! (Fixed)

I reached out to XLN, and they had me uncheck the box in the XLN installer settings for sending analytics data. This totally fixed the issue thankfully.

They said they've seen some issues like this and even some hard crashes with their analytics system when the plugin attempts to send usage data.

Glad it was a simple fix. Never would have expected that to cause the issue.
Thanks for sharing!
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2