Ableton Slow GUI Problem (Windows 11)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
reivuob

Ableton Slow GUI Problem (Windows 11)

Post by reivuob » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:52 pm

So, I've got an odd problem. Ableton is extremely unresponsive in the GUI, if I click something it can take about 1 second for the response to register in Ableton. The meters look like they're running at about 2fps. Even if I reposition the window with my mouse it moves at an extremely slow frame rate. The odd part of this problem is that it can still playback audio flawlessly, and my CPU load can be at 1% with no active or playing tracks (and no plugins) and the problem still persists. My computer is quite powerful, and ran Ableton 10 and 11 on Windows 10 no problem, I will include my specs below. This issue is present both on vanilla Ableton and 11.1.b10 I'm also able to run other DAW's on my system completely flawlessly (Reaper + Bitwig). I have no 3rd party scripts installed, this is basically a vanilla suite.

System Specs:
Windows 11
Ryzen 2700
GTX 1070
ASUS VG35V monitor
16GB RAM

tjspurge

Re: Ableton Slow GUI Problem (Windows 11)

Post by tjspurge » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:09 am

I was having massive problems with this as well, and here’s what I did and things seem to be working lots smoother:

In windows, search “Graphics Settings” and add Ableton to the list of programs, then set it to “High Performance”.

Disable any unused midi remote scripts (if you’ve ever plugged in a novation Launch Control XL for example, like I had, the script will still be present in the midi tab of prefs)

Those two things fixed 99% of the GUI lag. It will still lag a bit sometimes on huge projects but that’s to be expected some. I’m on windows 10

IAMDOOMED

Re: Ableton Slow GUI Problem (Windows 11)

Post by IAMDOOMED » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:36 pm

Same Problem on Live 12.0.1