Hotkey/option to show the plugin window OF THE SELECTED TRACK

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
nroller

Hotkey/option to show the plugin window OF THE SELECTED TRACK

Post by nroller » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:10 am

We are desperately requesting an option (and hotkey) to show the plugin window OF THE SELECTED TRACK in Ableton.

Ctrl+alt+p is completely insufficient, as it only toggles view of the last used VST/s. This doesn't help when clicking on a different track in order to change it's plugin parameters (95% of my day).

Every single time you want to change one little parameter of a VST on a different track, you have to:
1. click the track
2. find tiny plugin wrench icon with your eyes
3. move the mouse over to the tiny plugin wrench for that track
4. click the plugin wrench icon to open VST
5. change parameter in VST
6. find tiny plugin Close icon with your eyes
7. manually close the plugin

HOW IT SHOULD WORK:
1. click to select the track
2. the track plugin opens automatically or via hotkey
3. change parameter in VST
4. deselect the track and plugin closes automatically or via hotkey

Has anybody at Ableton realised that changing plugin parameters for many users is CORE FUNCTIONALITY? It should have been streamlined 10 years ago - I'm astonished to see that people have been asking for about the same time.

There is an option in Ableton to auto-open plugin windows - but ONLY WHEN A PLUGIN IS ADDED... So close, yet so far.

Using the mouse to navigate to the teeny plugin wrench icon 200 times per day is absolutely INFURIATING.

wavesinspace

Re: Hotkey/option to show the plugin window OF THE SELECTED TRACK

Post by wavesinspace » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:03 pm

+1 i am also shocked this has not been addressed. its 2024. it would also be nice to be able to dock 3rd party plugins in the device area. why do ableton plugins get this special treatment ? i suppose i can create an elaborate m4l device vst3 wrapper to get 70 % functionality but i shouldn't have to do this.