X/Y control for Audio & MIDI effect rack

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
dag451

X/Y control for Audio & MIDI effect rack

Post by dag451 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:26 pm

When you drop a VST into Live you get this little x/y pad with a yellow dot in the middle that allows you to assign 2 of the plug-ins parameters.

I want to be able to use that wherever I want and assign whatever I want to it, like in an audio effect rack for example, and be able to automated it in the same way I would with anything else. It would also be good if that little box were available in maxforlive too.

If this is already possible then someone please let me know cos I must be missing something.
"The Universe is your orchestra. Let nothing less be the territory of your new studies"
- R. Murray Schaefer

http://soundcloud.com/dale-garland
http://dalegarlandsound.wordpress.com/

ftlbaby

Re: X/Y control for Audio & MIDI effect rack

Post by ftlbaby » Sat May 29, 2010 12:41 am

Bump. I would also appreciate anyone jumping in here and instructing us on how to do this. X-Y macro control would be awesome!

luddy

Post by luddy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:26 am

The LCD object in Max looks like a good starting point for this, as it gives you X and Y mouse position relative to its own frame, and gives you mouse events too. There are a bunch of patches floating around that let you select a parameter from an active device, so seems like putting these two things together would get you an X-Y pad pretty easily.

I might whip this up when I have some time (sounds useful) but can't at the moment ....

-Luddy

AngryOwl

Post by AngryOwl » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:45 am

Found this post via google trying to add an XY to my effect rack

Edit: For any future googlers, Search "XY" and there are a few M4L devices