Found Solution to Kontakt7 automation showing correctly in Arrangement view

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
liquidsn

Found Solution to Kontakt7 automation showing correctly in Arrangement view

Post by liquidsn » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:28 pm

Hey, Think I found a solution to this.

I have a midi fader controller. While it was 'recording' the mod wheel or any midi CC automation with the midi fader, it wasn't showing up in the arrangement view automation track. Which is weird since in the Plug in, I can see the knob turning to the recorded automation, but it wasn't showing in the track in Arrangement view.

Settings -> Midi -> Track & Remote (checked on)

Stick a Kontakt7 player into a midi track. I was playing around with Nucleus Lite Edition by Audio Imperia. I have the Expression & Dynamics in the plug in assigned to the midi fader controller.

Go to the "Kontakt7" Device in the Device view at the bottom of Ableton. Click the 2nd button that looks like a triangle pointing down. This will expand the Kontakt7 Device panel. You should now see "Configure". Click on it, then with the plug-in open click on all the parameters you want to see in automation. Click Configure again to turn off.

Now, click the "MIDI" button next to the "KEY" button top right of main Ableton window. This will light up everything to be assigned to midi. Click on each of the newly configured parameters, and assign them with the SAME CCs you have in the plug in. Which is easy since you just wiggle the knob/faster and it will link it.

Now, when you move the fader, it will update in real time in Arrangement View Automation Track lane and in the Plug-in.

Hope that helps!