PUSH 3 DIsplay issues

Discuss Push with other users.
jimmyjamespresents

PUSH 3 DIsplay issues

Post by jimmyjamespresents » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:41 pm

I purchased this PUSH several months ago, I renovated my house and only first setup the unit in December. I noticed the issue right away. What happens if after 4-5 minutes, the PUSH display goes blank and the unit just resets. The buttons then stop functioning and the display comes back up and states that I need to connect the Push to a computer and open Live. Something interesting is that after it does this, If I hit the power button on the Push, nothing happens. I have to disconnect the power supply to resolve.

Troubleshooting steps taken that haven't :evil: resolved

On my desktop machine: HP Z2
• I’ve disabled one drive, see attached screenshot.
• I’ve updated to the latest version of live
• Updated Push3 firmware
• Updated windows version 11
• Updated Graphics Card
• With push3 only connected to my machine, I still encounter the same problem. I open an empty set, the unit works fine for about 5 minutes, then the display on the unit goes blank, then it says please connect push3 to a computer and acts as if it’s not connected.
• I’ve tried multiple USB type C to USB type C connectors as well as tried USB Type C to regular USB.
• I’ve tried plugging the power supply into multiple outlets as well

On my notebook: HP X360 Zbook G5
• I don’t have one drive installed
• I’ve updated to the latest version of live
• Updated Push3 firmware
• Updated windows version 10
• Updated Graphics Card
• With push3 only connected to my machine, I still encounter the same problem. I open an empty set, the unit works fine for about 5 minutes, then the display on the unit goes blank, then it says please connect push3 to a computer and acts as if it’s not connected.
• I’ve tried multiple USB type C to USB type C connectors as well as tried USB Type C to regular USB.
• I’ve tried plugging the power supply into multiple outlets as well

I'm afraid that I might be outside the window for return. This sucks because I sold my push2 to buy this new one. This deployment of hardware that is not functioning is very sub par for my expectations from Ableton. If I dont receive a resolution soon, I'm going to start making youtube videos on how this is malfunctioning.

Anyone else having issues?

Tarekith

Re: PUSH 3 DIsplay issues

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:02 pm

That does sound like a faulty unit, and I would definitely contact support and explain the situation to them if I was you.

https://www.ableton.com/en/help/

DanielNicoara

Post by DanielNicoara » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:06 am

Hi,

I experience exactly the same situation. The thing is that so far I used the Push mainly in standalone. When I connect it to the computer, this started.
It reboots by itself, or sometimes the screen just go blank, then it reboots and says to connect it to ableton (even if the cable is still inside)...

How did you solve the problem?

Regards,
Daniel

AtoZ

Post by AtoZ » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:43 am

I have the same issue here. Mine happened the same week as the Ableton 12 release, so the helpdesk has focused more on that being the cause. I want to say there was a firmware update at that time, too, but I wasn't fully paying attention to it when I started it up. They had me reset Ableton12, but it didn't fix it. I went back to Ableton11, which didn't fix it either. I also tried it on my laptop with the same result.

I'll report back if I find a fix.

Fixed:
It turns out that not all USB-C cables are the same. 60-watt 5Gbps was not enough. I tried an Oculus 2 cable, and it works like a charm now.
Hope that helps!