Live11 endless crashing mystery

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bkruppik

Live11 endless crashing mystery

Post by bkruppik » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:33 pm

I have LIVE11 keeps crashing endlessly on multiple projects (but not all). The wired behavios is that on some projects, when I keep trying, or I go and clear Cache, or I simply reboot, suddenly the project opens up and works perfectly fine for entire day.
I save it and go to sleep. I try to open next morning and it will not open again. This is on-gling for several months (and the reason I have not upgraded to v12). Since Ableton is not responding to the problem at all, I have doubts I keep using Live. For now I just need to reopen and export my work and this program fails. There is no specific error other than LIVE failed.
Some of the projects are big and some are small. No matter the size they keep crashing randomly. Sometimes the the main file crashes I am able to open the copy. I save the copy as main file, I try to reopen few days later and it crashes. Sometimes clearing the Cache seems to help but only sometimes.
At the moment I am trying to open a very important project, which I worked on for over 2 months and it crashes completely. There is not even a Error message,... nothing. Live starts loading it and then simply dissappears from the screen. Super frustrating situation.

In pararell I also work with Studio One with the same plugin base, same libs etc and in last 6 months have no crashing issues at all.

I tried to lookup the rep[ort files , but they are total mess. Live is super unfriendly in fixing problems (comparing to other DAWs). I do not even see how can I post the report file here, as this forum does not even allow to post files. Any ideas or solutions appreciated.

(BK)

PROFILE:
Live v11.3.22 , Win10/64-Pro / Intel i9/32-core, 64Gb Ram, Behringer UMC-404

Rivanni

Re: Live11 endless crashing mystery

Post by Rivanni » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:54 am

What is the size of the cache?
Did you try if increasing the size solves the issues?

You could upload a crash/status report to a cloud drive and then paste the link to it here.

cids

Re: Live11 endless crashing mystery

Post by cids » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:44 am

Might be a plugin issue, any plugins that you're always using?
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2