Collect all and Save settings?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
clipper09

Collect all and Save settings?

Post by clipper09 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:58 am

When I hit "collect all and save" it creates duplicates of the same samples I used. And this is a problem because it ends up saving them into the Sample folder in the core library. For example, lets say I used some from the samples folder itself... Well it ends up saving them into there, thus creating duplicates. so I was wondering if there was a way to change the file where the copy's save to. I've checked in preferences, nothing... I've googled for answers, nothing. Would appreciate the help! :)

Tarekith

Re: Collect all and Save settings?

Post by Tarekith » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:34 am

Do a "Save Live Set As..." first, choose new location, then collect all and save.

clipper09

Post by clipper09 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:11 am

Tarekith wrote:Do a "Save Live Set As..." first, choose new location, then collect all and save.
Hey thank you for the reply :), and yeah I already do that. I always save the live set with a new project folder on my desktop, but the problem is what happens when I hit "collect all and save" I've noticed that it duplicates the sample right away after hitting collect all and save. Maybe thats how its supposed to be and I just am not educated on Ableton enough haha but its kind of bothersome that they get duplicated. I would post a picture but I don't know how. I'm new to this forum thing. So just to explain myself better, I'm talking about the samples in side the actual live set on the side where the instruments, sounds, drums, clips, plugins are located.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:32 am

You will end up with duplicates in the browser IF your project folder is part of the Ableton library path and this is completely normal.

When you "collect all and save" Live will "collect all" the samples you have used throughout your computer and "save" these with the project making a copy of the samples. If you only work in your own little world and don't have to share projects then you don't really need to do that anyway but it is obviously a benefit to make a backup of the content you have used.

If it's bothersome to see duplicates then remove our project folder from Lives library path (of course you then cannot drag in your projects from the browser)

ubyivt868

Post by ubyivt868 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm

Has anyone found a solution to this? I want to be able to drag in from projects but also don't want duplicates to be shown.